diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200MAX let the smoke out

I’m going to leave it to the Bluetti. It should pull what it can handle. Same as with lead acid.
I’d take a hard look at the skinny wires on that cable, and the discharge rate on the LifeP04 you plan to hook it up to. Maybe it’s no different than lead acid, idk.
But there must be a reason they’re particular and indicate lead acid on their intended use.
I emailed Bluetti re this today, we’ll see what they answer with, if at all.

I’d take a hard look at the skinny wires on that cable, and the discharge rate on the LifeP04 you plan to hook it up to. Maybe it’s no different than lead acid, idk.
But there must be a reason they’re particular and indicate lead acid on their intended use.
I emailed Bluetti re this today, we’ll see what they answer with, if at all.
I think they reference lead acid as that’s what most people think of and would use their car’s battery to charge the unit if needed.

The discharge rate should be irrelevant as I wouldn’t be pulling the max of the Lifepo4. I’d be pulling the max of the Bluetti, which the cable is designed for.

To my knowledge, we aren’t pushing power out of either the lead acid or Lifepo4. It’s being pulled. Pulled at the max of whatever is connected.

edit to add:

You have to make sure to not exceed the supported battery specs of course. You don’t want to connect to a 36v or 48v type battery to any unit that only supports 12v and 24v.

Last edited:
I think they reference lead acid as that’s what most people think of and would use their car’s battery to charge the unit if needed.

The discharge rate should be irrelevant as I wouldn’t be pulling the max of the Lifepo4. I’d be pulling the max of the Bluetti, which the cable is designed for.

To my knowledge, we aren’t pushing power out of either the lead acid or Lifepo4. It’s being pulled. Pulled at the max of whatever is connected.

edit to add:

You have to make sure to not exceed the supported battery specs of course. You don’t want to connect to a 36v or 48v type battery to any unit that only supports 12v and 24v.
I believe the batteries in the ac200max are configured to 58v or something else relatively odd.

Last edited:

edit to add:

So I emailed Bluetti about charging the ac200max with a lifep04 battery using the Bluetti lead acid charge cable and recieved the response below.
I view the use of the words “normally” and “you can have a try” as less than confidence inspiring.

Hi there,
Thanks for your email.

Normally you also can use the LifeP04 battery to charge the AC200MAX with using the lead-acide battery cable, you can have a try, but please ensure your safety when you do that.

Kind Regards

Apple

• The sender: redacted
  • Sending time:2022-07-09 03:30:02
  • The recipient:service@bluettipower.com
  • Subject: AC200Max / Lead Acid Charge Cable
Hello I have a Bluetti AC200Max. I’m wondering about the lead acid charge cable.
Is there a problem with charging my AC200Max with a normal 12v 100ah or 200ah LifeP04 battery instead of a lead acid battery with this cable?

If so please explain what the issue is.
Thanks

Last edited:
So I emailed Bluetti about charging the ac200max with a lifep04 battery using the Bluetti lead acid charge cable and recieved the response below.
I view the use of the words “normally” and “you can have a try” as less than confidence inspiring.

Hi there,
Thanks for your email.

Normally you also can use the LifeP04 battery to charge the AC200MAX with using the lead-acide battery cable, you can have a try, but please ensure your safety when you do that.

Kind Regards

Apple

• The sender: redacted
  • Sending time:2022-07-09 03:30:02
  • The recipient:service@bluettipower.com
  • Subject: AC200Max / Lead Acid Charge Cable
Hello I have a Bluetti AC200Max. I’m wondering about the lead acid charge cable.
Is there a problem with charging my AC200Max with a normal 12v 100ah or 200ah LifeP04 battery instead of a lead acid battery with this cable?

If so please explain what the issue is.
Thanks
Thanks for the update.
I’ll try it at some point down the road, once I get a Lifepo4 battery. I have three lead acid I can use now. Was just gifted another.

Anyone know how to do “reset” of of the ac200max?
having trouble with it taking charge from both dc inputs, seems like it was intermittent, and now just the do50s, after changing the fuse again. I poked around the menu and didn’t find a restore or reset function.
I’ve turned it off and back on etc. No change.
I’m using the included car lighter plug cable, and the do50s “charge enhancer”, which has blown a few fuses, hooked up to a 2nd factory lighter outlet. This used to bring in 100-140w each when driving, lucky if even one works now.
I looked on line at manual and troubleshooting, did not find anything.

Last edited:
Back