diy solar

diy solar

Is it safe to have the Bluetti DC Charging Enhancer (D050S) connected to my AC200MAX all the time?

z_zk_z

Is it safe to have the Bluetti D050S (fed by a solar panel) and connected to my AC200MAX all the time? My AC200MAX gets recharged everyday from two solar panels. I purchased a D050S to help the recharging of my AC200MAX and noticed clicking noises from my AC200MAX when the Sun was about to go down. I disconnected the D050S immediately and the clicking noises went away. It sounded like the AC200MAX was trying to switch states continuously every few minutes. I appreciate for any input/recommendation. Thanks (PS., the D050S worked well, hand & hand with my other two solar panels to recharge the AC200MAX until I started hearing mechanical switches inside my AC200MAX changing states at Sunset).

I have the same question. The clicking was so annoying I had to unplug it. I think the click comes from the D050S but not 100% certain.

I don't have the Bluetti products but it sounds like the clicking is the relay enabling the solar charging circuit. My Ecoflow unit will click off and on at sunrise and sunset and I can see the solar icon coming off and on as well. Other threads on here mentioned their solar charger would do the same. For instance.

I think little is hurt by the relay clicking off and on. The only downside I have seen with my Delta Pro being plug in all the time is Ecoflow told me when the unit senses solar power of any amount, it turns on which uses about 30 watts of power. So if my solar panels are not producing 40 watts or more, the amount can actually be a discharge of the battery. However I power my Delta Pro with 1000 watts of solar, so the amount of time the solar is less than 40 is pretty insignificant.

I don't have the Bluetti products but it sounds like the clicking is the relay enabling the solar charging circuit. My Ecoflow unit will click off and on at sunrise and sunset and I can see the solar icon coming off and on as well. Other threads on here mentioned their solar charger would do the same. For instance.

I think little is hurt by the relay clicking off and on. The only downside I have seen with my Delta Pro being plug in all the time is Ecoflow told me when the unit senses solar power of any amount, it turns on which uses about 30 watts of power. So if my solar panels are not producing 40 watts or more, the amount can actually be a discharge of the battery. However I power my Delta Pro with 1000 watts of solar, so the amount of time the solar is less than 40 is pretty insignificant.
Thanks for your reply. I agree with your reply and I also believe relay on/off clicking should be fine. However, it appears that the Bluetti control logic is based simply on level detection (instead of hysteresis) control, therefore at Sunset, it starts switching its relay continuously instead of saying hey there isn't much Sun left and I need to stay off. These clicking could also happen during a cloudy day. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to talk to someone at Bluetti and discuss issues with their products (especially their EB3A units).

After reading about similar Ecoflow clicking issues, I want to add that I got two 445 watt solar panels in series connected 24/7 to the solar input of my AC200MAX and I don't hear any clicking at sunrise or sunset or on cloudy days. The Bluetti DC Charging Enhancer D050S is connected to the input that is for the regular 120-volt wall charger, in order to provide additional 500 watts of solar charging instead and it appears that port doesn't like seeing varying voltages at Sunset.

I've had a D050S connected to my 200MAX + B230 for over 8 months with no issues from the Charge Enhancer. I do note that, once fully charged the system seems to allow the battery to discharge to 98% and then start charging again. I was under the impression the system would simply allow the excess PV to run through to the inverter and not pull on the battery.

Has anyone found a solution for the clicking issue?
It's very annoying, and for me lasts 30-45 straight each day, switching about every 10 seconds.

Is it safe to have the Bluetti D050S (fed by a solar panel) and connected to my AC200MAX all the time? My AC200MAX gets recharged everyday from two solar panels. I purchased a D050S to help the recharging of my AC200MAX and noticed clicking noises from my AC200MAX when the Sun was about to go down. I disconnected the D050S immediately and the clicking noises went away. It sounded like the AC200MAX was trying to switch states continuously every few minutes. I appreciate for any input/recommendation. Thanks (PS., the D050S worked well, hand & hand with my other two solar panels to recharge the AC200MAX until I started hearing mechanical switches inside my AC200MAX changing states at Sunset).
Yes. No problem.

Yes. No problem.
I have the same clicking; it's very annoying. I wish the charger were built a bit more intelligently, as currently it's switching on/off for about 2 hrs a day for me, every few seconds (sunset/sundown), and logic in the charger could substantially mitigate this.

Back