diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200P Battery Expansion

dborinski

I’m posting in hopes that someone else has already resolved this issue and can share their solution.

I have an AC200P unit in a shaded cabin in the woods. I charge it from four 175W PV panels in a 2S2P configuration. On cloudy days, the unit may not charge enough to last through that night, resulting in a low voltage shutdown. The next day, even though the PV charges the unit, there is no option for the AC inverter to turn itself back on. Hence, I need a way to expand the battery capacity to prevent a low voltage shutdown.

Has anyone found a way to expand the battery capacity of the AC200P in a way that appears seamless in the solar generator’s operation. I.e.; requires no manual cable switches/moves, will automatically charge from the PV and doesn’t void the warranty.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I was able to solve my issue with a charge controller and some 36v scooter batteries. I purchased the yellow BougeRV 40A MPPT Solar Charge Controller for $120 off Amazon and 4 36V R5 scooter batteries from JAG35. I connected the input connectors from all 4 batteries in parallel to the charge controller, moved the PV connection from the Bluetti to the charge controller PV input and then connected the battery output ports in parallel to the PV input of the Bluetti. Bluetti charges from the scooter batteries and the PV charges the scooter batteries. No issues to date.

Attachments

• 14BB577D-0DF7-4554-90F1-628253C838DB.jpeg
    14BB577D-0DF7-4554-90F1-628253C838DB.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 6CFF2F42-3851-412C-8662-664ABA00ACE1.jpeg
    6CFF2F42-3851-412C-8662-664ABA00ACE1.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 10
I’m posting in hopes that someone else has already resolved this issue and can share their solution.

I have an AC200P unit in a shaded cabin in the woods. I charge it from four 175W PV panels in a 2S2P configuration. On cloudy days, the unit may not charge enough to last through that night, resulting in a low voltage shutdown. The next day, even though the PV charges the unit, there is no option for the AC inverter to turn itself back on. Hence, I need a way to expand the battery capacity to prevent a low voltage shutdown.

Has anyone found a way to expand the battery capacity of the AC200P in a way that appears seamless in the solar generator’s operation. I.e.; requires no manual cable switches/moves, will automatically charge from the PV and doesn’t void the warranty.

Thanks for the help!

Back