diy solar

diy solar

BMS Charge MOS life question

shvm

Solar Enthusiast
I already know that BMS is supposed to be the last line of defence and I'm supposed to control charging via charger itself.
I've been toying around with the idea of implementing 'convergent' balancing lately.
Which basically means balancing only after charging has ended, with no current going in/out of the battery.

My question is this simple:
What is the expected life, in years or switching cycles out of the JK-BMS Charge MOS
Given that I will only use it to switch off <= 5 Amps tail current max. anytime?

Also, has anyone opened a JK-BMS and can direct me to the MOS datasheet, that would be very useful.
TIA.

Switching less than 5 amps for the array of mosfets in BMS is so low stress that cycle count is in billions-trillions unless something really weird happens.
Power supply mosfets of your home PC switch 300 000 times per second and rarely ever fail in anything but the crappiest designs.

Trouble begins with BMS if the BMS needs to disconnect at short-circuit overcurrent situation.

My question is this simple:
What is the expected life, in years or switching cycles out of the JK-BMS Charge MOS
Given that I will only use it to switch off <= 5 Amps tail current max. anytime?
The MOS-FETs are of no concern. The Supercapacitor are the weak components, if any......

Back