diy solar

diy solar

BMS closed loop communication with Schneider XW PRO

wyosolar

I am looking at building my own DIY 48V +/- 30kwh lithium battery pack. Checking to see if there is a DIY BMS (JK, Daly, Sepolos, ect.) that will work in a closed loop comms with the Schneider XW Pro. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.

What does the xwpro do with the information from the bms?
Depends on what your BMS sends it. Mostly limit charge current and stop discharge. But everyone will tell you many more fancy things, but at the end of the day, that's what the inverter needs to know.

Cells cold? Limit charge current to 0
Cells getting close to full? Limit current, maybe to 10 amps? Whatever is commanded, even float
Cells full? Limit charge to 0 or float
Etc

Are you saying the Barium will talk closed loop to the XW Pro?
Yes, the XW will listen and follow commands from the Batrium BMS.
Sorry for the noob question what is a pylontec battery?
Just some seemingly random battery manufacturer. But they were on the market early, published their comm specs, so many other many manufacturers copied/integrated it.

The only other way you get BMS integration is talk an inverter vendor into working with a DIY BMS vendor, that's not likely to happen.

I am looking at building my own DIY 48V +/- 30kwh lithium battery pack. Checking to see if there is a DIY BMS (JK, Daly, Sepolos, ect.) that will work in a closed loop comms with the Schneider XW Pro. Any thoughts or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks.

If you go with the JK-BMS route, the path is extremely friendly and dare I say easy.

If you go with the JK-BMS route, the path is extremely friendly and dare I say easy.
Will the JK-BMS communicate closed loop to the XW Pro? If so, is it via comm cable and port?

Back