diy solar

diy solar

BMS for LTO / Lithium Titanate 24-cell string

ryandc

So after careful reassessment of my requirements, I decided to implement a Lithium Titanate solution (rather than SiO2 or LifePo4) at my off-grid site. SiO2 got counterindicated due to cycle limitations and because it's heavy as hell, and LifePo4 on account of the temp limitations.

Thus, lithium titanate. My thinking is 24 cells in a string, and I can add additional strings in parallel if I wish to increase capacity (unlike LifePo4, discharge rate doesn't really necessitate highly parallel solutions as LTO can safely discharge high-C levels).

But that leads to the quandary of which BMS. Each 24-cell string is about 2kwh (give or take); I'll eventually have 4-8 strings in parallel. I'm fine having a BMS on each string, but does anyone have a recommendation as to which BMS - preferably a solution that (A) speaks CANBUS and (B) can play nicely with other strings on the same inverter?

You don't need a bms olny a decent why to stop top end charge like mppt charge controller and a balancer most have options for lto I have a 600amp bank in my trailer it needed a two 5amp balancers they swing rapidly out of balance at the top end at least with 40amp yinlongs there's an experimental version of a bms if you really want one but you have to get a copy of the circuit board and pay a company to print them think I requires a little soldering. I think I posted links somewhere if I can find them

Back