diy solar

diy solar

BMS protocol and read-out

Hi all,

sorry fo the delay of a few months..:)
I just take a look hier in the Forum and i am happy that i could help some of you.
Hi,

i have a 105ah battery, too. The node Red is working.

But i am confused with the SOC. Ich the BMS Shows 56% at 45,25 v.

Could this be true?

Attach the manual.
Hi,

you have to discharge 5%-10% and full charge again.
I had the same problem becouse the batterie was many weeks just between 20%-40%.

Regards
Dio

Hi,

have you tried changing the protocol to pylon1363? I have the same battery from aliexpress and playing with the communication :)

Regards , Petr
Hi,

no, i didn't. I ask the seller and he right to me "don't change anything".
Means don't touch a running system..:)

At the end is not necessary for me becouse with the Node-Red solution i am very happy.

REgards

I have a generic Chinese LifePo4 155AH Battery and it's performing OK. The Battery has a small LCD Panel to provide Battery status and Cell information (16 cells). I also have the DR Windows Software which reads the individual Cells and provides historical information etc.
One problem I'm having is that the Battery BMS Software doesn't appear to be "balancing" the cells.
Any suggestions??
I had to adapt a RS485 cable for the Battery to communicate with the Inverter Voltronic AXPERT VM IV 5600w 48v.
In Battery Lib mode (Li-Ion), Cell 7 goes over the 3650mv cutoff for OV whereas Cell 8 is sitting at 3370mv maximum with the rest in the 3385 to 3395 region.
I'm awaiting an Orange Pi 3 LTS, does anyone know if the "Solar Assistant App" will work with these Batteries?
Hi, can you please share your pinout of rs485 connection from battery to inverter please?
Thank you very much

Hello all, I’ve got 2 batteries with the DR1363 software. (DR-JC03 16S 100 V2.0.1T1_G). The Chinese supplier changed some values. And I am curious what the setting of the users here are. The battery gave a OV-warning (over voltage warning). Can someone share a screenshot of the settings page on the software? Thanks a lot

Protocol looks like its the same as my BSLBATT 100ah rack battery.
BMS is PACE, RS-232 doc attached. I created a simple esphome project to extract the data.
This guy made a python script: https://github.com/Tertiush/bmspace
Thanks for creating this. I am using this wonderfully in HA and I modified it to read my EG4 Lifepower4 batteries using this code as a base. It is great!

I have the same battery. I want to connect to my solar station monitoring program.
Was it possible to fully decipher the protocol?
Is it possible to read the description of this protocol somewhere?
Thank you!

Protocol looks like its the same as my BSLBATT 100ah rack battery.
BMS is PACE, RS-232 doc attached. I created a simple esphome project to extract the data.
This guy made a python script: https://github.com/Tertiush/bmspace
Is it possible for you to share your esphome project? The script is good but i can't connect battery to HA via usb, I'd like to connect it via esp32.
Thank you

Hello,
based on information from this forum i created a simple python script that controls my boilers and disconnects the panels when everything is fully charged. All I need is to read the current from the battery and the SOC. I'm calculating checksums etc, someone might appreciate. Running on Armbian and NanoPI neo.
Everything is in progress :)
Python:
# BMS communication script

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="petrmaje, post: 746274, member: 77882"]
Hi, i developed a Script based on your code that can turn on switchable sockets if the SOC is high.
I hope its OK i created a Github Project. https://github.com/christian1980nrw/DR-JC03-RS485-Switcher/tree/main
Regards Christian

Last edited:
Hi, can you please share your pinout of rs485 connection from battery to inverter please?
Thank you very much
Hi. I have two of these batteries connected to each other via a RS485. Battery one is connected via a RS485 (RS485 to USB) to my Orange Pi3 which is running Solar Assistant Software. The Orange Pi3 is connected via USB out to Micro USB directly into my Voltronic Axpert Inverter.
I get excellent data from the Solar Assistant Software. The only issue I have is that the SOC readings on the two Batteries differ from each other even though they are linked and show exact the same Cell Voltage.
I am messing around with the "C Coefficient" in the calibration tables to try and get similar readings.

Hi. I have two of these batteries connected to each other via a RS485. Battery one is connected via a RS485 (RS485 to USB) to my Orange Pi3 which is running Solar Assistant Software. The Orange Pi3 is connected via USB out to Micro USB directly into my Voltronic Axpert Inverter.
I get excellent data from the Solar Assistant Software. The only issue I have is that the SOC readings on the two Batteries differ from each other even though they are linked and show exact the same Cell Voltage.
I am messing around with the "C Coefficient" in the calibration tables to try and get similar readings.
I think the SOC display is a bit buggy with these batterys, especially if a full cycle is a bit ago.
You should ask your dealer if you have the latest firmware.
With older firmwares there was also a bigger SOC-Jump.
But even with latest software, I think its better to work with the voltages.

I think the SOC display is a bit buggy with these batterys, especially if a full cycle is a bit ago.
You should ask your dealer if you have the latest firmware.
With older firmwares there was also a bigger SOC-Jump.
But even with latest software, I think its better to work with the voltages.
I added a Coulomb Counter a couple of months ago and the Battery AH and Coulomb Counter are reporting a very similar AH Value. I had been using the Coulomb Counter SOC rather than the Battery SOC but I am getting there slowly by altering the C Coefficient values on each individual Battery.

Hi, i developed a Script based on your code that can turn on switchable sockets if the SOC is high.
I hope its OK i created a Github Project. https://github.com/christian1980nrw/DR-JC03-RS485-Switcher/tree/main
Regards Christian
Hi,

I am step forward too :) I did mistake to control things on SOC value, you know already... Next important thing is to remeber last valid SOC/Voltage in case that received packet has right checksum but is related to different query ... You know already :) Thanks for your code on Github!

Regards Petr

Hi,

I am step forward too :) I did mistake to control things on SOC value, you know already... Next important thing is to remeber last valid SOC/Voltage in case that received packet has right checksum but is related to different query ... You know already :) Thanks for your code on Github!

Regards Petr
It still has to be researched and figured out how to use this BMS to get alarms from, charge cycle history and charge current control management (CCCM). I have two different batteries and one is readable, the other not out of unknown reasons, i am still testing. The readable one shows "DR-POWER" at the display under "BMS-version", the other one DR-JC03.
At my last script version, i put all the connections-strings of the chinese original software into an array (i was logging it).
In case of getting a invalid reply, the next element of the array will be used until valid data will be received.
'~22014A42E00201FD28\r',
'~22014A4D0000FD8E\r',
'~22014A510000FDA0\r',
'~22014A47E00201FD23\r',
'~22014A42E00201FD28\r'

Regards Christian

Last edited:
It still has to be researched and figured out how to use this BMS to get alarms from, charge cycle history and charge current control management (CCCM). I have two different batteries and one is readable, the other not out of unknown reasons, i am still testing. The readable one shows "DR-POWER" at the display under "BMS-version", the other one DR-JC03.
At my last script version, i put all the connections-strings of the chinese original software into an array (i was logging it).
In case of getting a invalid reply, the next element of the array will be used until valid data will be received.
'~22014A42E00201FD28\r',
'~22014A4D0000FD8E\r',
'~22014A510000FDA0\r',
'~22014A47E00201FD23\r',
'~22014A42E00201FD28\r'

Regards Christian
I have "DR-POWER" version. I had problem with communication too, after some time It become unreadabe. I spoke with chinese support, they was on teamviewer with my PC, tried everything, no result. As a angry old man I tried to set DIP switches to every possible state and after that, when I setup address1 back, It starts to talk with my PC again :) You can try It. These Chinese also uploaded a BIN software for the battery to my PC, I never tested, but I can share.
Petr

I have "DR-POWER" version. I had problem with communication too, after some time It become unreadabe. I spoke with chinese support, they was on teamviewer with my PC, tried everything, no result. As a angry old man I tried to set DIP switches to every possible state and after that, when I setup address1 back, It starts to talk with my PC again :) You can try It. These Chinese also uploaded a BIN software for the battery to my PC, I never tested, but I can share.
Petr
Yes, please share it. How old is the file? Christian

Back