diy solar

diy solar

Bms recommendations

Withered+Flame

I would like to hear you guy's recommendations of a bms you own.
Sturdiness and reliability are my most important factors.
In the market for one.

EDIT: Could you post a link to a 48v 16s version from amazon? I'm having trouble finding a "JK BMS" for less then 1000$.
Im in alaska so shipping is a horrendous process, hence the amazon thing.

Last edited:
I would like to hear you guy's recommendations of a bms you own.
Sturdiness and reliability are my most important factors.
In the market for one.

Running Overkill Solar BMS which is a JBD BMS only it is tested & setup up with real support. They have functioned perfectly for several years. The BMS only has passive balancing so did add a Heltec 5A active balancer for each BMS.

The only negative seems to be no real way to upgrade the firmware, but that has not been necessary anyways as they work with no problems.

Bought a Daly 300 and thought I’d be one of the lucky ones. Nope. I had a Neey 4th gen balancer to keep things in check which I kinda expected to need but six months later the Daly’s current reading was so exaggerated that it was triggering a false over current setting and shutting everything down. Now I have two JK’s and it’s so clean and easy. No need for the Neey to augment the balancing. They are inexpensive so if you got bad one it’s not as painful. I bought a spare JK bms and planing buying another for building another battery. Probably the best bang for the buck. PS. Just because the JK may be listed as 300 amp model, I’d probably just consider 150 max continuous safe current. I routinely run 100 amps through each and they don’t get warm. The one thing that can kill most BMS is current inrush. Turn on the charge/discharge on the BMS so you have voltage available and use a precharge resistor before closing the breaker/connect to the inverter! Don’t abuse your system.

Could you post a link to a 48v 16s version from amazon? I'm having trouble finding a "JK BMS" for less then 1000$.

160 Euros incl. freight to the EU from Alibaba. - EU warehouse in Poland I think it was.
Not from Amazon.

Could you post a link to a 48v 16s version from amazon? I'm having trouble finding a "JK BMS" for less then 1000$.
$156.99
It’s kinda weird it lists in one view the 20S then the 24S flavor What they sent was the 24S. Is all good since I’m only using 16 cell count.

“JK Smart BMS 4-24S 100-300A Lifepo4 Battery Protection Board 1A 2A Active Balance with Bluetooth Support CANBUS,RS485 Module (JK-B2A20S-20P) “
Here’s the link to my purchase;
https://a.co/d/0RPfmMz

IMG_0662.png

They were shipped out of China even though it was sold through Amazon. If I recall it did take long, a week to two?

Bought a Daly 300 and thought I’d be one of the lucky ones. Nope. I had a Neey 4th gen balancer to keep things in check which I kinda expected to need but six months later the Daly’s current reading was so exaggerated that it was triggering a false over current setting and shutting everything down. Now I have two JK’s and it’s so clean and easy. No need for the Neey to augment the balancing. They are inexpensive so if you got bad one it’s not as painful. I bought a spare JK bms and planing buying another for building another battery. Probably the best bang for the buck. PS. Just because the JK may be listed as 300 amp model, I’d probably just consider 150 max continuous safe current. I routinely run 100 amps through each and they don’t get warm. The one thing that can kill most BMS is current inrush. Turn on the charge/discharge on the BMS so you have voltage available and use a precharge resistor before closing the breaker/connect to the inverter! Don’t abuse your system.
Hi Skypower, I had my own bad experience with a Daly 250a on my 16s 200ah set up ,it seemed to drain the cells , there was no load or charge for 3 weeks , had all the cells balanced within 3 millivolts at 3.5 volts and I come back bms was telling me 1,9 but thankfully multi meter said 2.5 , recharged and rebalancing now but I want to get a JK as don't trust Daly
Batrium. Get your wallet out and bend over.

Love it.

Hi Skypower, I had my own bad experience with a Daly 250a on my 16s 200ah set up ,it seemed to drain the cells , there was no load or charge for 3 weeks , had all the cells balanced within 3 millivolts at 3.5 volts and I come back bms was telling me 1,9 but thankfully multi meter said 2.5 , recharged and rebalancing now but I want to get a JK as don't trust Daly with 2000e+ of cells!

Hi Skypower, I had my own bad experience with a Daly 250a on my 16s 200ah set up ,it seemed to drain the cells , there was no load or charge for 3 weeks , had all the cells balanced within 3 millivolts at 3.5 volts and I come back bms was telling me 1,9 but thankfully multi meter said 2.5 , recharged and rebalancing now but I want to get a JK as don't trust Daly

JK-B2A24S20P
Sound,was just looking at them on Amazon de.
They're around 350e with a screen, or 270e with out.not sure if I need screen

Back