diy solar

diy solar

BMS suggestion , using overkill now, looking at Docan

kdiver58

I am using a over kill BMS and installed one on my brothers system. I'd like to find a BMS that would allow me to pull more than 100 amps for a while.
I was looking at this from Docan "(USA STOCK FAST UPS DELIVERY JBD 7S-20S 200A 21V 24V 48V 60V 72V Smart BMS Balance Board Protection With Bluetooth) https://www.docanpower.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=444 " ,
I've also looked at Daly but the reviews have not been that good.
It would be for a 24 volt system and I'd like 150 amps. Any suggestions ? The web searches have not proven to be fruitful. Thanks .. K

Last edited:
do you try seplos BMS?
No .. I'm not having any luck with finding a US supplier. Also I've watched several videos (off grid garage) and I didn't like the way the BMS balanced the cells. I've ruled them out 100%

Last edited:
Just a word of warning re: Daly BMS - if you end up going that route for whatever reason they have different units available depending if you want to parallel multiple battery packs or not. There have been many posts on this forum from those having problems paralleling multiple daly bms battery packs UNLESS you have the specific daly bms that allows paralleling them. Just FYI!

do you try their official web site: seplos.com. I'm in south Asian region, I already planned to buy 200Ah module from them. They are really helpful and also having good recognition over internet. They've their own youtube channel. Feel free to check

I'm using 8 cells so I need to splice 13 wires together to connect to the 6th pole. What would be your suggestion for splicing the BMS wires together on one terminal? (Docan JBD 7S-20S BMS)

Back