diy solar

diy solar

Brand new, need a system to cover 1 room and then expand

sponge14

Hi everyone, I am looking for recommendations on components to build a system. I need it to cover my office primarily. My office uses a constant 900-1000 watts 24x7 and my first full month electric bill was over $400. I had always planned on doing solar eventually as we have frequent power outages, but this has sped up my plans.

I want to not waste money on anything that I won't be able to use in a full home system with battery backup, eventually. But right off the bat to cover the office use, and to give me a chance to learn by doing, I want to get a small system going. My whole home usage is about 30% my office, 70% the rest of the house including electric heat, water heater, dishwasher, stove, etc. I am 100% electric.

I was thinking I could do something like an EG4 18k Hybrid, and 4 or 5 ground mount panels. I am not sure what all would be needed for this setup. My problem is that I watch a bunch of youtube videos and read so much, that I tend to not know what applies to what I am trying to do. I have a hard time researching on my own to get started. Once I get going I am usually OK.

Also, I thought I found a company in TX that sells a lot of solar DIY stuff, but I can't seem to find them again. I remember they were one of the big names in DIY solar....

Thanks everyone for any help you can give me, I appreciate it very much

Thanks this diagram helps a lot. Why do you say the inverter can be up to 11.5 grid tied, as in, what is the determining factor for that number?
Just that is the largest model offered from, 3.8, 4.8, 6, 7.6, 9.6, and 11.5kW models. You can parallel up to 6 of them if you like.

Attachments

• HYS-LV-USG1-Series_Datasheet_EN_V1.1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back