diy solar

diy solar

Building a cargo trailer conversion

Galadhlinn

Hello,
I'm building a cargo trailer conversion. I'm looking for a charge controller that will suit my needs. My system will be in the 2,000 watt/ 60 amp range. I need a controller of appropriate size that has four power source inputs.
1. solar (roof)
2. "Shore power" (AC through RV plug)
3. Generator (this could go through the RV plug if only three inputs are available in the size listed above)
4. Truck input: I'm running a dedicated 8 gauge wire from my Duramax alternator (250 amp High output). The line from tha alternator will have a recep at the back of the truck with a pigtail that plugs into the front of the trailer, so I can A. provide charging of the trailer house batterie(s) while driving, B. as an emergency backup charging option.
I'm looking for suggestions for a current high quality charge controller in this size/range.
Thank you.

Hello,
I'm building a cargo trailer conversion. I'm looking for a charge controller that will suit my needs. My system will be in the 2,000 watt/ 60 amp range. I need a controller of appropriate size that has four power source inputs.
1. solar (roof)
2. "Shore power" (AC through RV plug)
3. Generator (this could go through the RV plug if only three inputs are available in the size listed above)
4. Truck input: I'm running a dedicated 8 gauge wire from my Duramax alternator (250 amp High output). The line from tha alternator will have a recep at the back of the truck with a pigtail that plugs into the front of the trailer, so I can A. provide charging of the trailer house batterie(s) while driving, B. as an emergency backup charging option.
I'm looking for suggestions for a current high quality charge controller in this size/range.
Thank you.

When you say 'controller' do you mean inverter?

I don't know of an inverter with inputs for all 4. There may be a few that have PV inputs, Generator Input, and Shore power input, but I don't know of anything that also has an alternator input. Alternator input is generaly handled seperat from the inverter. Furthermore, it generally needs a wire that is larger than 8 awg.

Also, you may want to review this:

Back