diy solar

diy solar

Bulk Wholesale Panels

mrmrm

I’ve purchased 44 panels from resellers on Craigslist/FB for myself and friends but I’d like to find the “source” and start buying panels by the pallets. Any idea how these resellers are getting panels from the solar farms? One of my panels had an Echo Environmental sticker but I’ve called them multiple times with no answer.

I’d like to start with 5-10 pallets.

Are you looking for used panels that were replaced because of a repower project? I'm not totally sure but unless you are prepared to buy in megawatt quantities you might have a hard time getting them from the "source".

I bought used panels from a local seller yesterday. I don't know where he's getting them and I doubt he would tell me. He has stacks of them, so I suspect it from solar farms, but it could be rooftop installs.

@HRTKD Exactly. I’ve purchased from 4 sellers here locally (2 in Tampa, and 2 in Ft Myers) that all have the same trina 250 panels. They seemed to have about 5-10 pallets on hand and a steady supply based on our conversations. Clearly someone is selling bulk by the pallet for 30-40/per panel.

@HRTKD Exactly. I’ve purchased from 4 sellers here locally (2 in Tampa, and 2 in Ft Myers) that all have the same trina 250 panels. They seemed to have about 5-10 pallets on hand and a steady supply based on our conversations. Clearly someone is selling bulk by the pallet for 30-40/per panel.

Funny you mention Trina. That's the one brand the seller didn't like. He really likes the Solar World panels, but he has other brands. A few new ones too. If I caught his inventory on a good day I could almost build an entire system from what he has.

@HRTKD Funny you should mention it’s funny to mention it lol…

While I was picking up my first set of panels, signature solar tier 2 happened to call me back about my inverter issues.

I said “this is weird but I’m buying used solar panels right now can I call you back? But while I’m on the phone with you, this seller has Trina or Conergy 250w panels. Off the record, which would you recommend?”

He almost yelled TRINA TRINA TRINA. I think most panels are probably comparable today but it’s just funny you bring it up.

Trina was on my short list of new panels to buy. They seemed OK to me at the time. It sounds like they haven't aged well from his sources.

Trina was on my short list of new panels to buy. They seemed OK to me at the time. It sounds like they haven't aged well from his sources.
Good to know. My other 26 panels are Canadian Solar. Hopefully they fare better.

Salvex usually has lots of used and new solar panels but its usually large lots and its take it all or leave it.

Back