diy solar

diy solar

Bus Bars

Rickerman

Hi,

I'm looking for a bus bar to use for the negative side of my camper van 12v system.

The ones I am looking at seem to be rated for 250A, but each individual stud is only rated for 62.5A. As one stud will be connected to my shunt and then battery does this not mean that the whole bus bar is limited to 62.5A as the current would be directed via the one stud?

Here is the one |I was looking at. Many seem similar though and list overall current limit and individual stud limits.

My battery only has a 100A BMS so thats the most I could draw, but it is still greater than the 62.5A rating of one stud.

According to the description the bus bar material is brass which has much lower conductivity than pure copper. I would recommend looking for a better product. Blue Sea is an often recommended brand, not sure of availability in the UK.

STOP !!! Those are absolute KRAP ! We have had many members, including myself get those and they are really junk!
While the BMS maybe 100A, it can do surge/burst of up to 150A if not 200A (depends on BMS).

See these which are Reliable High Quality busbars.

Here's a Vid about those cheapo's...

A good set of bus bars is worth every penny. Each component whether it is bus bars, wires or other supporting hardware should have built in safety margins. When the system is running at full capacity you will sleep better at night.

Back