Example of a cell
QR
P7215315110549

Barcode1
SE200FA1908272903

Barcode2
P9219385114020

Yep, exactly the same shit.

It is evident that the QR codes are very readable as I have claimed, but OYE and AliExpress has denied.

The chance a QR reader obtains same structure of preceding letter P with the same number of digits,nifbit weren't readable are 0.000%. What is true though, is that we can't get the CALB factory or any of their dealers to reveal what the true respective production dates of these numbers then refer to. Only the CALB official network will have the lists to relate to for guarantee issues. It would be nice if someone could obtain such lists.

I have a different thread here, where I urge buyers to upload their numbers to try and collect as much information about this as possible,valso to check if someone has been so stupid (out of lazyness) to reuse the same number series for several batteries, that would be the final proof of direct fraud !!!

Best regards
WatchOut

It is also very strange that ALL the cells according to the upper paper sticker, has been produced on exactly the same year, the same month and the same day.

Barcode1
SE200FA 190827 2903

The first part identify the battery model
SE200FA
The next part the date of production
2019, August the 27th.
And the last part the serial number.

Also my last 4 received from a supposedly different dealer (?!?) are from that very same day.

Very strange indeed.

Best regards
watchOut

Where do you come from? I suspect the fraud in the shipping. the delivery took 3 months to Germany

what do i do with the bad batteries? install / use? throw away?
You open a dispute at AliExpress, and reveal your findings. You must be prepared for a tough fight, I'm sure OYE will keep repeating their same unsubstantiated claims of new and tested cells, and offer you 0.00 compensation, but reject these. If they deny your test results offer them to have the cells tested with an accredited Technological Institute in your country, and request they deposit the costs of such test in case the results does not meet their guaranteed minimum capacity. Most likely they will ignore this proposal, but then at least they can't force you to upgrade your equipment.
They know very well the cells don't meet the promisses specifications.

You will not have sufficient words available in the complaint field, so just write a mail and make a screencopy of it and upload that together with you other evidence pictures from your testing.

Don't accept to send them back, but insist of compensation with respect to cell being old and only 75% of specified capacity with a limited time of operational use. If you accept to return them, they can just resell to some other poor sole who do not have the knowledge or equipment to test. And you yourself have total loss with nothing left.
They are at least useable just not to the level you anticipated.

Best regards and
Watch Out

Where do you come from? I suspect the fraud in the shipping. the delivery took 3 months to Germany
I'm from Denmark, no I don't think it is in shipping at all, my first delivery took a little bover 2 months, my second took over 3 months.

This fraud is engineered on China or Hongkong. It might even be the CALB factory itself behind it, if they have been forced to swap out batteries on electric busses because they no longer meet the guaranteed minimum specifications.
A buscompany would have the necessary resources and need to keep track of performance to keep their fleet of busses rolling.

Br
WatchOut

can you recommend a shop? checked out the BLS Official Store. have a local warehouse.

No I can't. The official resellers located in the various countries have much higher prices, and I don't know of anyone in China, which would actually sell new A-Grade cells at these low prices. I think none of them, and most of them use the same marketing pictures and rediculess claims.

Please remember to post all your numbers in the other thread.

Br
Watchout

I have bought 16 cells from one shop and 4 cells from another, and they are all labelled as comming from the same production series 2019, Aug. 27th, but not matching the QR codes on top.

Either the same Shop operated under different names, or they get the cells from the same supplier who is running the scam.

I even received a compensation offer with "100% guaranteed new 200Ah" cells, that they showed me the paper sticker from, and guess what....Their numbers also reveal the same production series !?!

Others have also reported same production series, so obviously some major supply scam in the works here.

In the latest offering they have now either removed or covered the QR code according to the pictures I received from this offer.

Watch Out

No, I only paid 1300USD for my first delivery, and after a very hard fight on AliExpress dispute finally got 200USD back.

Seller throughout this dispute just continued to deny, lie and deny and provided the same rediculess statements over and over again, and never offered a single dollar in compensation. Never accepting the obvious and never went into damage control mode. So I had to issue warnings all over the place about this seller OYE store.

I will have to replace the 4 worst cells, to get somewhat better Ballance between the remainder cells, to obtain an average of 165 Ah capacity.

Luckily the second batch from the other supplier achieves just that, as they are exactly between 160 and 165 Ah. So in that respect a decent match.

But overall I have app. 40 Ah lower capacity than what I opted for, which in term will also reduce the lifespan of the system, as cells will be drained more heavily.

The second batch of 4 cells costed app. 450USD.

Hi,
I ordered 16 200ah CALB from OYE store. They appear to be mismatched. I will test and also scan the QR codes.
I am quite worried now.

Yes you should be worried.

OYE store as well as PWOD follow the same script of total denial of reduced capacity, and they will lie, lie and then lie some more about their own testing, and claim your testing isn't busing professional equipment.

But you just have to keep uploading new proof, and possibly include text in some of your photos, as there is not enough space in the proposal field.

I have posted a lot of additional information about these problems in a couple of other threads here, which you can seek more help from.

I think the other thread is called "FRAUDULENT 200Ah New grade A LiFePo4 cells" or something like that.

WATCH OUT

Buying on AliExpress is a huge red flag for me anyway, at least for cells (or other specific items).
For generic stuff - No problem in general

420Ah cells -> No-one has ever seen those, or its datasheets, but people still buy them on AliExpress and are surprised they don't pull full capacity.
Same as for swollen, damaged, used cells and so on. Cheap, shop online for 2 days, no reviews, still ordering...

Do your research, and order from a seller which does have experience with proper shipping and providing proper cells.

Yes, there is always a risk they start doing a great job, establish a decent customer base, and change tactics to get money and provide crappy cells, but thats much less likely than buying from AliExpress

Buying on AliExpress is a huge red flag for me anyway, at least for cells (or other specific items).
For generic stuff - No problem in general

420Ah cells -> No-one has ever seen those, or its datasheets, but people still buy them on AliExpress and are surprised they don't pull full capacity.
Same as for swollen, damaged, used cells and so on. Cheap, shop online for 2 days, no reviews, still ordering...

Do your research, and order from a seller which does have experience with proper shipping and providing proper cells.

Yes, there is always a risk they start doing a great job, establish a decent customer base, and change tactics to get money and provide crappy cells, but thats much less likely than buying from AliExpress
Yes, understood. I have had some success with Aliexpress and I noted someone on a different DIY solar group bought from OYE and seemed happy enough. So I thought it was worth a gamble. I am hoping to either use these batteries somehow or sell (with full transparency and honesty after doing capacity tests). I realised I'm not comfortable having them in my house though (which might have happened even without discovering they're old used cells).

Well, if if you already chosen a specific route, there is not much you can do. You might get some help from your creditcard company, but you do need to provide evidence.

Make sure you're fully charging the cells, do a proper capacity test, and report all issues (photo's of damage, scrapped QR codes and so on). You might be lucky, despite some clear indications of not beeing fully grade A cells, you still might pull decent capacity, which might be sufficient for your application.
Not everyone requires full 1C discharge rates with a 280Ah cell. If they perform OK with lower loads, and you're not going to push it, you might be good.

If they do test at eg 260Ah out of 280, a partial refund might be an option. But if the cells are massivly swollen you need to decide for your own if you will trust them. In a small concrete barn outside? You might just use them and if something happens... no big deal. Building a battery pack stored underneath your bed... well, tha's another story.

Back