diy solar

diy solar

Big Battery failure - worried about shoddy repair

sailorphil

New to this forum - but following the channel for almost 3 years, so I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

Sent a 2 year old swollen battery back to Big Battery, recieved the repaired one today.

Very shoddy repair - loose screws, caps for covers in bottom of box, one screw in a hole with no threads, decided to open it as I suspected if the repair was this bad from the outside... , found a crushed blue wire (I assue it is the high temp sensor), the wires are crushed and exposed.

Could this have been the cause of the intial failure, and what is the best way to check if the temp cut-off still works?

I do not feel safe using this battery, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Toss it or rescue what you can from it. Speak to them about a replacement under their warranty. If that doesn't work for you, sue them in your local civil court for breach of warranty. Filing suit is cheap and usually gets someone's attention at the company.

New to this forum - but following the channel for almost 3 years, so I apologize if this post is in the wrong place.

Sent a 2 year old swollen battery back to Big Battery, recieved the repaired one today.

Very shoddy repair - loose screws, caps for covers in bottom of box, one screw in a hole with no threads, decided to open it as I suspected if the repair was this bad from the outside... , found a crushed blue wire (I assue it is the high temp sensor), the wires are crushed and exposed.

Could this have been the cause of the intial failure, and what is the best way to check if the temp cut-off still works?

I do not feel safe using this battery, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Phil
I wonder if anyone ever made a youtube video testing the cut off temp sensors during umpteen tear downs? ?

Back