diy solar

diy solar

Please give you opinion on my proposed battery build

ericfx1984

Solar Enthusiast
I am getting ready to build my new battery.

8 pcs - EVE LF230 230Ah 3.2V Lifepo4 Battery, @ $108.50 per cell =$868

2 pcs JBD 12V 200A BMS with Bluetooth @ $120.00 per unit = $240

busbar and screws(8pcs busbar and 16pcs nuts) FREE. ?

total = $1108

The plan is to build 2, 12v batteries, each with their own 200 amp bms, then parallel them together.

It will be in a climate controlled area, so i am not worried about low/high temp

This will be a huge upgrade over the existing, 4 year old, FLA battery bank I currently have

I had considered building with either 280Ah, or 302Ah, the extra capacity would have been nice, BUT the price increase was pretty big and the honestly, I can just build another 230Ah later and have no only more capacity, but more redundancy.

any thoughts? words of caution? words of wisdom?

In some respects I suppose part of my question is should I spend the extra 45 $50 a cell and go for 280 amp hour or even 302 amp hour batteries?

Last edited:
I wrote that because many video's do not cover the "wee details" and many of the gotcha's that get people, and to be perfectly honestly I got sick & tired of continually reposting the same info over & over again. So I wrote this up and gave it to one of our Known Good Reliable Vendors. (some folks took issue with that) but I am a OpenSource, Shareware/Freeware kind of guy and have been for decades.

I wrote that because many video's do not cover the "wee details" and many of the gotcha's that get people, and to be perfectly honestly I got sick & tired of continually reposting the same info over & over again. So I wrote this up and gave it to one of our Known Good Reliable Vendors. (some folks took issue with that) but I am a OpenSource, Shareware/Freeware kind of guy and have been for decades.
Well thank you for taking the time I am excited to read it

Thanks Steve! Great resource.

Back