diy solar

diy solar

BYD Battery and MPP LV5048 Vid.

jason,i need to see a pic of how you got your BMS wired please.a nice close pic.i have no instructions,never played with these.
maybe put a nice how to vid on your youtube?

lv5048 is awesome. That is a great combo Jason. The only issue I have ever had was with the lv5047 low voltage cut off settings. If your bms trips low voltage before your lv5048, it may go into safety mode. Mine was stuck in safety mode for over a week!! So make sure you make these settings perfect and test it.

You need to make sure that low voltage cutoff for the lv5048 is at like 46-48v, and the cut off for your bms is at 44 volts or lower.

Besides that, its dead simple. Big heavy and awesome inverter.

lv5048 is awesome. That is a great combo Jason. The only issue I have ever had was with the lv5047 low voltage cut off settings. If your bms trips low voltage before your lv5048, it may go into safety mode. Mine was stuck in safety mode for over a week!! So make sure you make these settings perfect and test it.

You need to make sure that low voltage cutoff for the lv5048 is at like 46-48v, and the cut off for your bms is at 44 volts or lower.

Besides that, its dead simple. Big heavy and awesome inverter.
how did you get it out of safety mode?
i have the lv5048 as well,thanks to your shed video.

String Inverters$2,480.00
Cables$117.81
Parts$32.29
Parts$89.55
Shelf$89.99
8 BYD Batteries$3,690.00
BMSes$396.00
12 Panels, eBay$999.96
Solar Panel system$7,895.60
w/Batteries

What?! Wait... How many Ah is your battery pack? And is 48v right?

how did you get it out of safety mode?
i have the lv5048 as well,thanks to your shed video.
I emailed Ian and went through the settings together. There's a way to reset it. I think Ian mentioned someone else having that problem before. So make sure the cut off voltage is a bit high. I love putting mine at 48v to be on safe side

I emailed Ian and went through the settings together. There's a way to reset it. I think Ian mentioned someone else having that problem before. So make sure the cut off voltage is a bit high. I love putting mine at 48v to be on safe side
48v-will do,thanks.

~800ish, physical 880ah, and yes ~48v.

How did you pulled that off? I'm getting quotes of around 4000 EUR for 16x200Ah CALB/WINSTON cells and over 4200 for the LG RESU 48v 126Ah or the BYD L7.0 48v (7.0kWh ~ around 145Ah).

800Ah are utopic for me...

How did you pulled that off? I'm getting quotes of around 4000 EUR for 16x200Ah CALB/WINSTON cells and over 4200 for the LG RESU 48v 126Ah or the BYD L7.0 48v (7.0kWh ~ around 145Ah).

800Ah are utopic for me...
Used BYD packs pulled from utility provider.

It's called a Knife Switch.
(On Ebay)

It does a few things.
  • It changes the input to output
  • completely isolates one circuit from the other (It is impossible to have both connected at the same time)
I have it hooked up backward. Usually, one input is sent to one output or the other output.

I use it to connect my entire loads panel to the output AND/OR the input of the inverter.

It's a caveman approach to an automatic transfer switch for a generator.

Every time I throw the switch I think of this

But seriously, actually this

How it is normally used:
I think I need to switch neutral as well, requiring a third pole, (although a two pole would possibly work but something tells me not to permanently combine the neutrals from two different sources as energy on the neutral would be present on both current generation sources even though one will always be disconnected), and I need 100 amps not 32 and the mechanics of the switch housing doesn't seem to offer a lot of protection from shock.

Anyone use dielectric grease on the battery terminal to connect whatever connector you have used?
Do we need to use dielectric grease on the terminal or anywhere else in the connection?
The term "Dielectric" refers to insulation or resistance to electrical flow. "Conductive" grease such as nolox or a copper based paste is better for insulating connectors against oxidization/corrosion while not accidentally becoming an insulation between electrical connections and contacts.

diy solar

diy solar
Back