diy solar

diy solar

BYD LiFePO4 battery fiasco update

Icing on the cake is, not only am I NOT getting a response from BH, but I’m getting regular sales pitches for other products they sell via email...
View attachment 7963

Keep us up to date on what they say. We should all be angry about this crap.

I probably would have bought some if they were honest and marked them as scrap BUY at YOUR OWN RISK, but they got a little too greedy if you ask me.

Keep us up to date on what they say. We should all be angry about this crap.

I probably would have bought some if they were honest and marked them as scrap BUY at YOUR OWN RISK, but they got a little too greedy if you ask me.
This just in!

15E547C9-64C7-497C-AFB9-F39A27B7D54E.png

Electriccarpartscompany.com it’s been a slow ordering process, they are swamped!

Just a note to let you all know that after a great deal of correspondence with TechDirect & BigBattery (including all of my charge/discharge and capacity measurements) they were good enough to provide me with another battery unit to make up for the deficit in my usable capacity vs. TechDirect's advertised figures. Will Prowse's intervention on all of our behalf was no doubt highly instrumental. Thanks Will. And kudos to BigBattery for stepping up.

I bought mine from Batteryhookup.com and was dropped ship by bigbattery.com in chatworth. I returned all 4 units myself but batteryhookup refused to return the shipping cost even after this discussion proved how misleading their advertising was. It is apparent that even in a country where accountability and truth in advertising is enforced, others will still try to pull the rug out of their customers feet!!

I had attempted to minimize my exposure on this to avoid bringing this matter to litigation. I have corresponded with batteryhookup.com and arranged to be proactive by voluntarily returning the items for a full refund. They have sent me a reply indicating that the refund amount wil not include the shipping cost. How is it that buyers are required to shoulder the cost of shipping if there was clear and intended deceptive practices by the seller?, such trade practices will probably bring the fight in me not because of the amount disputed, but out of the need to bring out whats right. What do you people say about this issue?

To be right honest, if our situation is not rectified in an appropriate manner, I have family in the federal legal field and intend to get a class action suit on the books. It will take a few steps because we will have to get a court order to release the buyer contact info, then organize things from there.

I am pretty sure by that point, the sellers will realize this is going to snow ball into a bad deal. I am going to examine the play very carefully but to be very honest Junp, you should get a full and entire refund. Their marketing was and is completely bogus, I have been recording all their web pages to link their dishonesty, and they guaranteed completely untested wank.

I would HIGHLY encourage people to start collecting documents! I don't mean "he said", I mean verifiable documents with relevant information and claims like capacity, warranty, new/used, how used, etc. I have them dead in my sights and have already been lining up the cards because I just don't sit down for shit like this. I think everyone bought based on lies. I cannot stand to see people get screwed over in situations like this and we are on the list until further notice. What would I settle for? Pretty much "I will throw them in a truck and take them somewhere so they re-palletize them and you can give a full refund, OR you can just leave them here and offer a full refund." Is that fair? OH YES IT IS! They have wasted our time entirely.

It will be very important to get a batch of these to a certified lab asap for credible testing. Our systems are certified as accurate but this has to go through proper channels.

I can assure every seller entity is watching this mess close because people that bought 1-2 might "get over it" but some are not going to take it sitting down.

Gentlemen. Collect all your documents! I believe i have a screen shot of the original ad that the company used when they falsely advertised their product. Think of it this way. If litigation ends in their favor then our loss will be what we paid when we were fooled into buying because of their "intent" to deceive the general public. But if this matter goes into our favor then it will represent the "correct"justice system that every citizen in the United States expect and deserve. I believe the number of negative posts in the forum is already representative of a "class" or "group" of people aggrieved by a corporation with the intent for financial gain.

Update on BYD LiFePO4 problem. People bought used BYD packs advertised at 4-4.5kWh, but many of them are testing at 3 kWh.

What matters most is if you bought your pack from batteryhookup.com or bigbattery.com:

Bigbattery.com
capacity tests their byd packs sold on their website. After I posted my recent video, they are now making different listings for grade A/B/C modules. if you bought a bigbattery byd pack in the last few months, it's probably a grade A pack. They have only had a single return for this issue. You are probably good to go if you bought from them, and they will give full refund if not.

Batteryhookup.com tested their first batch of packs, but not the drop shipped ones they wholesaled from big battery. Those are untested packs, and if you do not pull the full capacity, Tom will return it. He is really nice and will take care of you with a full refund. My guess is that they are a mix of grade B/C, going by peoples test results, and advertised as grade A.

I am going to use the byd packs from bigbattery.com from now on because they are capacity tested, and now sorted by grade and capacity. So they are a good deal, and are now advertised correctly.

I have been on the phone all morning yelling my head off trying to fix this problem. I am super pissed that people were sold packs that are not pulling full capacity, but I think everyone is happy now, and any packs not pulling as advertised will be returned.

Let me know if you have any problems with either distributor. I will either fix it or get your money back.
Will. Perhaps you can mediate for us before we take any actions on this

To be right honest, if our situation is not rectified in an appropriate manner, I have family in the federal legal field and intend to get a class action suit on the books. It will take a few steps because we will have to get a court order to release the buyer contact info, then organize things from there.

I am pretty sure by that point, the sellers will realize this is going to snow ball into a bad deal. I am going to examine the play very carefully but to be very honest Junp, you should get a full and entire refund. Their marketing was and is completely bogus, I have been recording all their web pages to link their dishonesty, and they guaranteed completely untested wank.

I would HIGHLY encourage people to start collecting documents! I don't mean "he said", I mean verifiable documents with relevant information and claims like capacity, warranty, new/used, how used, etc. I have them dead in my sights and have already been lining up the cards because I just don't sit down for shit like this. I think everyone bought based on lies. I cannot stand to see people get screwed over in situations like this and we are on the list until further notice. What would I settle for? Pretty much "I will throw them in a truck and take them somewhere so they re-palletize them and you can give a full refund, OR you can just leave them here and offer a full refund." Is that fair? OH YES IT IS! They have wasted our time entirely.

It will be very important to get a batch of these to a certified lab asap for credible testing. Our systems are certified as accurate but this has to go through proper channels.

I can assure every seller entity is watching this mess close because people that bought 1-2 might "get over it" but some are not going to take it sitting down.
Step one, be a good neighbor, contact the seller.
Step two, try step one 3 more times.
Step three, chargeback through your payment. What was sold was not what was delivered. This protection right here is already in place and by far the easiest least headache way to go.
Step four, small claims court.

The "Drop Shippers" have no idea what they were selling, so there probably is no intent to defraud anybody.
In the big picture, it looks like they got caught with junk. Whereas they should have probably spent 3 months testing these things out before blasting all the YouTubers to get 10% and spread the word.

What is unconscionable is that they are just ignoring the demands for replacement, and offering trivial refunds. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SELL THEM "GUARANTEED", and "WE WILL REPLACE IF THEY DON'T PERFORM".

Being sold at $100 per kWh is a bold statement(in todays market). If you spent $4000 and only got 14 kWh, well, that must be a $2600 refund.

8 of these new is 46 kWh - now with only 14 kWh of usable energy. (just my observation only).

Every one of these BYD packs should have simply been dismantled, and sold as individual cells. As individual cells the capacity of some far exceeds others. And some cells are so far gone, that just one cell can completely render an entire 8 pack useless.

pretty sure the 100 per KWh came from DaveP video that sent us all wanting these BYD, I headed down a week later to pick up.

Step one, be a good neighbor, contact the seller.
Step two, try step one 3 more times.
Step three, chargeback through your payment. What was sold was not what was delivered. This protection right here is already in place and by far the easiest least headache way to go.
Step four, small claims court.

The "Drop Shippers" have no idea what they were selling, so there probably is no intent to defraud anybody.
In the big picture, it looks like they got caught with junk. Whereas they should have probably spent 3 months testing these things out before blasting all the YouTubers to get 10% and spread the word.

What is unconscionable is that they are just ignoring the demands for replacement, and offering trivial refunds. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY SELL THEM "GUARANTEED", and "WE WILL REPLACE IF THEY DON'T PERFORM".

Being sold at $100 per kWh is a bold statement(in todays market). If you spent $4000 and only got 14 kWh, well, that must be a $2600 refund.

8 of these new is 46 kWh - now with only 14 kWh of usable energy. (just my observation only).

Every one of these BYD packs should have simply been dismantled, and sold as individual cells. As individual cells the capacity of some far exceeds others. And some cells are so far gone, that just one cell can completely render an entire 8 pack useless.
How did you spend $4000 on 8 batteries?
They were 450 per, plus 380 shipping in the usa...
I got 4 and paid 1970... 4 more would have been an additional 1620 after will's 10% discount... so... $3570 total.
Subtract out the shipping, and you have $3210 so, quite a deal. They are giving back 30% so you should get back $963...
Making total purchase $2627... am I missing something?

I personally dropped off the batteries at their chatsworth dropshipper. For anyone who had dealings with techdirect.com. The parking area for techdirect and bigbattery.com is the same. They literally have the same warehouse of operation. It could be separate corporate entities to spread out liabilities if there are ever any. Why they have a chatsworth address for bigbattery and a winnetka address for techdirect when they share the same parking space in in chatsworth is a question to me. But who knows?

Last edited:
Just an fyi on the mass of these batteries...
I stacked ten 327.8Wh 24v batteries on my scale and came up with...
60Lbs...
So these things are 100 POUNDS heavier than fresh 32650 LIFEPO4 CELLS...
IF THEY ARE SIMILAR IN ORIGINAL DENSITY... just imagine what these things did when new...

Back