diy solar

diy solar

Can I do 2 solar charge controllers in parallel for a single PV array?

Usangira

Hi

I would like to do two scc in parallel from single PV array controlling same battery bank. I believe the scc won't be getting hot as much and redundancy will help incase of one scc goes bad.

See my diagram attached
Any ideas ?

Thanks, Innocent

Attachments​

Attachments

• 2 scc for a same power bank.jpg
    2 scc for a same power bank.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 9
Not sure why you would want to. But, more specifics are needed. Panal voltages, and scc input requirements. By splitting the load the voltage to the scc's would probably be below their minimum to function. You're showing 2 panels but three sac's? Just put one panel each on a cc and see if that works. Keep the 3rd as a backup or expansion later

I want to put up redundant scc as a back up incase one scc goes bad. Both my PV array and battery bank house are a bit far from my main house, and I don't plan to go and inspect the scc regularly due to my complex timetable and availability at home.

I also noted during peak hours of usage heat generation is very huge. My peak hours are usually during the day where air conditioning is usually ON and many other appliances. So to avoid overheating I thought I should put up extra scc which are controlling same battery bank and inverter

My wish is the scc to work at their 50% capacity as the PV array is 5kW requiring 100A scc. PV voltage is 120V, while the batteries are at 48V

Thanks, Innocent

12 panels and 3 SCC.. 4 panels per SCC.
6 panels 2 scc...3panels per SCC.

you get the idea.

1 Scc needs its own set of panels. no sharing.

Back