diy solar

diy solar

Can I power my 30amp RV from my truck alternator

When connecting a Lithium battery to an alternator you should be concerned with the possibility of Load Dump if the battery's BMS should disconnect the battery while under a heavy load. I suggest you read articles here in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet about Alternator Load Dump. Load Dump can fry electronics.

Attachments

• Load Dump Alternator_Failures.pdf
    398 KB · Views: 5
It is not recommended to power a 30-amp RV directly from your truck's alternator. While the alternator in your truck is designed to provide power to the vehicle's battery and electrical systems, it may not have the capacity to handle the high power demands of an entire RV. RVs require dedicated power sources, such as generators or shore power connections, that are specifically designed to meet their electrical needs. These power sources provide stable and sufficient power supply, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of your RV. Attempting to power your RV directly from the truck's alternator can strain the alternator and the vehicle's electrical system, potentially leading to damage and safety risks. It is best to use the appropriate power sources intended for RVs to ensure reliable and safe power supply for your vehicle.

Back