diy solar

diy solar

Can it communicate via RS485 module and JK BMS and Arduino?

kaanrevan

We have an EV project. Our vehicle has arduino and Nextion display. There will be some sensor values on this screen. However, we need to show the voltage and current values of our battery, which has 60v 60ah values, on this screen. We have "JK-BD6A24S10P" model of JK BMS. Can we connect to arduino with RS485 module of JK-BMS? Can we connect in this way and instantly get the total voltage value and current values from the BMS? I would be happy if you help.

Have a look at this project:

Although it's for an ESP, but have valuable information that could help you out.

Have a look at this project:

Although it's for an ESP, but have valuable information that could help you out.
Thanks. I've seen this project. But I have never used ESPHome. Also, I don't know CAN Bus at all. As far as I know CAN protocol is quite difficult. There is actually a few sample application for Daly BMS. However, I could not access any sample arduino projects for JK. I think I'll try this first.

The CAN side is only for the inverter. They read the JK info from the RS485 port.
You can do the same with Arduino, if you have a free serial/UART port on it. You will need a RS485 to UART adapter, in addition to the JK adapter. The ESPHome project mentioned another way to connect directly to the JK but sounds a bit risky.

You can understand the JK protocol from that project.
Just skip the CAN/ESPhome stuff, and look for the parsing of the JK data.

Last edited:
The CAN side is only for the inverter. They read the JK info from the RS485 port.
You can do the same with Arduino, if you have a free serial/UART port on it. You will need a RS485 to UART adapter, in addition to the JK adapter. The ESPHome project mentioned another way to connect directly to the JK but sounds a bit risky.

You can understand the JK protocol from that project.
Just skip the CAN/ESPhome stuff, and look for the parsing of the JK data.
Thanks. We will try it and post the result here.

Back