diy solar

diy solar

Need help with JK BMS and Deye inverter.

reg.s

Hello, friends. My BMS is giving me errors and I have no idea why. My configuration: panels 13kwp, inverter Deye 16kw and 2 DIY batteries. Each battery has 16 cells EVE 280 and JK BMS PB2A16S15P. The inverter is configured to communicate with the BMS via CAN. The two BMS are connected in parallel and communicate with each other via RS485. All JK BMS have been updated to the latest firmware.

I did the system and BMS settings myself, but I am obviously missing something. I have been reading and educating myself on this for almost a month now, but to no avail. It's driving me crazy, I can't sleep peacefully, I would appreciate if you could help with any idea why I'm getting these errors.

Here is what I get.
1. In good weather the overcurrent protection is activated almost constantly. Sometimes only on the first bms, but almost always on both.
2. Sometimes a "PL Module Abnormal" error appears. Happens more often on the first bms, but very often on both.
3. Occasionally something called a "PCL Module" turns on, limiting the battery charge to 10A. I have no idea what this module does, how it turns on and off. This also happens more often on the first BMS.

Often the second battery manages to charge to 100%, while in the same time the first (where the errors occur more often) barely manages to charge 30-40%

Here are the BMS and inverter settings. At the bottom I will attach pictures with the errors I get.

BMS.png

Inverter.png

pl module.jpg
PCL.png

The inverter understands when I make changes to the BMS settings, for example when I change the charge and discharge current in one of the BMS the changes are reflected on the inverter display. Also, if I stop the charge or discharge in one of the BMS settings, the inverter also changes the charge and discharge currents on its display.

changed settings.png

Just in case I tried to further limit the charge and discharge currents through the inverter to 54A, while in the bms I set a limit of 60A, but again over current protection is triggered...

corection.jpg

I don't have any more ideas, where I'm wrong and how to deal with these errors ...

Give a similar topic with a sunsynk( same as dey), I'd say jk still is very beta and simply not working

You should check out Off Grid Garage on youtube. Andy has a video of his settings for these jk bsm, some problems with these bsm and solutions for these bms. He likes them and has regular contact with Jk to resolves issues he and his followers find. Good Luck.

You should check out Off Grid Garage on youtube. Andy has a video of his settings for these jk bsm, some problems with these bsm and solutions for these bms. He likes them and has regular contact with Jk to resolves issues he and his followers find. Good Luck.
I've watched Andy's videos, they are very helpful and I've learned a lot from them, but I still couldn't solve my problem. I think there is some problem in the BMS-Inverter communication and even though the two devices are talking they can't understand each other.

Turn off "Activate Battery". This will reduce the charge to a trickle and are ONLY for damaged or extremely low batteries.

Btw. are your BMSs both updated to the latest firmware? As you are aware there has been some developments in that lately if you watch Andys offgrid garage. Not sure if said if these are the latest JK inverter type or the older models. The older ones are good with FW from version 11ish on.

I think I found where the problem comes from. In the case where there is communication between the inverter and the BMSs, the maximum current is taken from the BMS settings. For the tests, I disconnected the connection between the inverter and the BMSs, and configured the inverter to monitor the batteries by voltage, so I could set the max charge current from the inverter settings.

In the inverter, the "Max. A Charge" was set to 110A and in the BMSs it was set to 55A for each battery. I changed the settings in the BMSs from 55A to 75A in each BMS, then monitored what current each battery was charging at. With 110A released from the inverter, the first battery takes ~58A and the second takes ~52A. I played around with the maximum current the inverter puts out to the batteries, and in each case the first battery always charges at a slightly higher current than the second. If the current exceeds the limit set in the BMS the Over current protection is switched on in the first battery, the BMS switches off the charging and all the current released by the inverter goes to the second battery, where accordingly also the Over current protection is switched on.

I was thinking that by setting Continued Charge Current at 55 A for example, the BMS would limit the current to 55A. Apparently this is not true.

Why do you think there is a difference in the charging current of the two batteries? What is the option to be able to control the charge and discharge current for each battery separately?

How are your batteries connect in parallel? Can you switch the batteries around to see if the trouble followes a battery or stays the same. You could switch the bms around to see if the trouble followes a bms.

How are your batteries connect in parallel? Can you switch the batteries around to see if the trouble followes a battery or stays the same. You could switch the bms around to see if the trouble followes a bms.
Thank you. I'll play with swapping cables, batteries and bms's this weekend.

Back