diy solar

diy solar

Can SSR relays be used to manage banks ?

These are available rated for 24 volts. Truck, forklift, marine, example ,

Funny, I looked at SSR for this purpose last night and decided they were inadequate then I started looking at all the versions of this. Repair parts available. And they make them in about 20 different flavors with different features including one that is a bistable switch form.

And the major fun is blowout magnets included. The magnets pull the arcs out away from the contacts which has the effect of making them longer.

And get aload of these sweet puppies -- All dressed up in red and ready to race into danger

Last edited:
Oh that's great. I didn't realise they had pretty much all the versions available with magnetic latching, as an option. Now the challenge will be to find one in EU.

On the other hand, I performed a test last night. I lowered the cutoff voltage to 24.7V and let it be for 9 hours in a row. As mentioned in "literature," the LFP batteries are running the loads for most of the night, and when the voltage of the two banks drops below 25 volts, the LA batteries take over. The resting voltage after going back to the grid at 6.30 a.m. is 25.1 volts after pulling 2.5 kWh from them. I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

batteries_test1.PNG
I think I can push more since LA batteries gave only 0.5 kWh out of 8 theoretically available. Next time I try it with 24.4V cutoff.

Lol those SSRs will do 15amps with a heatsink and after that you need a good active fan blowing through to go up to around 30amps but I'd never go higher. I've used similar for 10 years or so
They're usually max rated at like 40amps idk if the 400 is a typo or they just getting like flash light ratings now and adding some zeros at the end

Oh that's great. I didn't realise they had pretty much all the versions available with magnetic latching, as an option. Now the challenge will be to find one in EU.

On the other hand, I performed a test last night. I lowered the cutoff voltage to 24.7V and let it be for 9 hours in a row. As mentioned in "literature," the LFP batteries are running the loads for most of the night, and when the voltage of the two banks drops below 25 volts, the LA batteries take over. The resting voltage after going back to the grid at 6.30 a.m. is 25.1 volts after pulling 2.5 kWh from them. I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

View attachment 218557
I think I can push more since LA batteries gave only 0.5 kWh out of 8 theoretically available. Next time I try it with 24.4V cutoff.

Seeing as how albright is a british company shouldn't be to hard

diy solar

diy solar
Back