diy solar

diy solar

Can you get prismatic cells that rate to 337ah

alishac

So there is a guy in australia selling lithium batteries, he doesn't compress them and says the cycles at 100% are 2000-6000 for 280ah and 333ah
though he has a picture stating the 330ah battery rates to 337ah.. I've not seen that.. most I seen is 318-320 on 300-301 battery cells.

He uses a 5a balancer and 250ah daly bms. Sells the 280ah for $1975 AUD, and the 330ah for $2850 AUD. He also says it will charge at 125ah or max 150ah.
He doesn't follow these forums and just makes DIY batteries and sells them online to facebook people.. no shop, or online shop just msg him and buy..

I was questioning him about his 330ah about if he compressed them cause in a video he didn't and he got pissed off I was asking questions... I said well your not certified as a electrical person and your selling this batteries for allot of money so if I want to buy something that will cost $2850 I will want to know everything there is about that battery because I know I can make that same battery myself for more then less half that price. Anyway he got angry lol

But yea is 337ah real? cause the picture of the 280ah says the rate is 271ah.. so why would the 330 be 337.. I mean who even sells 330ah prismatic cells?

I asked daisy at docan about it and she said the cell would be fake if they saying its 330ah for a 3.2v prismatic cell. Though I just saw a video of a guy with one and on his simarine monitor it said the battery is tested to 340ah.. Could the battery be showing fake numbers.. if its a low quality cell.. like it def sounds way to good me be true.. If a had the money to waste id buy one to test it but I don't..

Is there any picture of the internals?

It could be 2P4S pack using 140-150 Ah cells.

Plus the weight and size adds up to a 300ah battery not 330ah that doesn't add up if it was 2p4s.. as these are the measurements of the battery..
Size/Weight – 365mm L, 190mm W, 275mm H
(Allow approx. 30mm for connections). 28.5kg. M8 terminals with 16mm SEMS.. What I can't understand why would it post 340ah on a battery monitor.. Unless somehow they can trick daly's bms into thinking its higher then what it is

That build looks fine. No idea what type of cell he is using to get 330ah (or close to it)

I’ve had a few discussions previously with Paul, and i doubt he’s deliberately being deceptive. He certainly doesn’t hesitate to rip into others that overstate their batteries, so there would be a few that would love it if he was wrong here.

Plus the weight and size adds up to a 300ah battery not 330ah that doesn't add up if it was 2p4s.. as these are the measurements of the battery..
Size/Weight – 365mm L, 190mm W, 275mm H
(Allow approx. 30mm for connections). 28.5kg. M8 terminals with 16mm SEMS.

That could be 330 Ah as it would be around 25-25.5 kg of cells (+ a bit for the BMS and case and we get the stated 28.5 kg). Volume wise you would need around 11710 cm³ and the listed dimensions add up to 19071 cm³ (I know it's the external dimensions and part of that space is for the BMS but it seems there's plenty of room given the big difference between those numbers). So it could totally be legit.

What I can't understand why would it post 340ah on a battery monitor.. Unless somehow they can trick daly's bms into thinking its higher then what it is

Very easy to do by modifying the shunt resistors on the BMS.

That could be 330 Ah as it would be around 25-25.5 kg of cells (+ a bit for the BMS and case and we get the stated 28.5 kg). Volume wise you would need around 11710 cm³ and the listed dimensions add up to 19071 cm³ (I know it's the external dimensions and part of that space is for the BMS but it seems there's plenty of room given the big difference between those numbers). So it could totally be legit.

Very easy to do by modifying the shunt resistors on the BMS.
I think your right in that it is 150 or 160ah lithium cells in 2p4s.. gee Id like to have that but I just asked docan - daisy and she said all the 173ah cells are sold on ev and catl and been out stock for a long time... 160ah is still in stock which I could get make it... Though only 160ah b grade are for sale :(

So there is a guy in australia selling lithium batteries, he doesn't compress them and says the cycles at 100% are 2000-6000 for 280ah and 333ah
though he has a picture stating the 330ah battery rates to 337ah.. I've not seen that.. most I seen is 318-320 on 300-301 battery cells.

He uses a 5a balancer and 250ah daly bms. Sells the 280ah for $1975 AUD, and the 330ah for $2850 AUD. He also says it will charge at 125ah or max 150ah.
He doesn't follow these forums and just makes DIY batteries and sells them online to facebook people.. no shop, or online shop just msg him and buy..

I was questioning him about his 330ah about if he compressed them cause in a video he didn't and he got pissed off I was asking questions... I said well your not certified as a electrical person and your selling this batteries for allot of money so if I want to buy something that will cost $2850 I will want to know everything there is about that battery because I know I can make that same battery myself for more then less half that price. Anyway he got angry lol

But yea is 337ah real? cause the picture of the 280ah says the rate is 271ah.. so why would the 330 be 337.. I mean who even sells 330ah prismatic cells?
if had asked him, you would have found out he is using cells in parallel and series..
there is no such thing as a 330ah cell

if had asked him, you would have found out he is using cells in parallel and series..
there is no such thing as a 330ah cell
I saw a video that looked like he had lots of thin cells.. so I think its what @BiduleOhm said its 2p4s and I'd say its 160ah. Sucks though all these shops buy all the 160 and 173ah cells and allot of them and now you can only get b grade cells

What's the purpose of the foil tape on the battery case?

If he got pissy because you asked questions he doesn't sound like someone that I'd do business with regardless of the quality of his batteries.

Back