diy solar

diy solar

Canadian Kid living off the grid!

I just joined your group today. I'm really glad to see a great solar community and I wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm looking forward to learning from the members and hopefully get some good advice as I build my next system. Thanks everyone!

I just registered too.
My OFFGRID system is going on the truck camper which is a 2008 Bigfoot on a 2008 Dodge dually. I like to go places or at least I DID like to pre-Covid. They`ve opened up camping now in British Columbia so I think it might be time to get going on this project and get some social distance between me and the city.

Lee

Hi all,

We are from North Vancouver (just like you @btmabt ). Looking to get a good deal for 280Ah LiFePO4 Cells.
The 280Ah looks like it will suit me as well. I've stalled around quite a bit trying to get the lay of the Chinese lithium land and more to the point, how they travel here. Some vendors look like they can ship from USA which might help us avoid the effects of the month plus long Chinese New Year holiday. Seems like it's kind of like American Thanksgiving(Everyone shuts down, everyone travels) but much longer. I think there's help here on this forum to navigate but it's getting very close and maybe too late to avoid being affected by Chinese New Year delivery wise.

I'm just replacing the dead batts in my camper so 4 x 280Ah should work for me.
IF you don't mind my asking, what are you building?
Lee L

There are a LOT of fellow Canadians here from Coast to Coast and even up to the Arctic Circle LOL.
I can comfortably recommend Luyuan Tech on Alibaba and Amy Wan who is a "rockstar" around here. CNY (Chinese New Year) is Feb.14, the window is tight but still possible to get stuff on a ship.

Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co., Ltd. - Lifepo4 battery, LTO battery (alibaba.com)

Have a look at the links in my Signature for more information and helpful materials for your battery building fun.
Have Fun & Good Luck
Steve

Welcome fellow Canucks, I'm also a Canuck, retired RCMP, now living near Vegas but acturally in the far NW corner of Arizona. Living off grid on 65 acres. Born in Revelstoke, lived in the lower mainland but most recently lived in Lillooet from 2010 till 2016 before moving down.

Jen

Back