diy solar

diy solar

Canadian Solar - What's the verdict

diytx

I see some really mixed comments in the forum about CS but the comments sometimes are quite old.

What is the current state of Canadian Solar panels. Good construction now? Warranty good now?

I think you're better off asking about a specific model number you're looking at, to see if anyone has experience with it exactly.

Afaik they're a commodity reseller who puts their brand on various factory's product, so it all varies in quality.

Well my Canadian Solar HiKu Mono CS3N 415W's are still producing energy after 15 months. They're still vaguely rectangular, haven't warped, cracked, rusted, washed away or turned a funny yellow colour... so, have no need to use the warranty. Do PV panels fail that often? Does anyone care if they are CS, QCells, JA, Jinko, Trino or Longi?

Well my Canadian Solar HiKu Mono CS3N 415W's are still producing energy after 15 months. They're still vaguely rectangular, haven't warped, cracked, rusted, washed away or turned a funny yellow colour... so, have no need to use the warranty. Do PV panels fail that often? Does anyone care if they are CS, QCells, JA, Jinko, Trino or Longi?
Care, no. Wouldn't want to buy if there are known issues with a manufacturer? Yes.

Back