diy solar

diy solar

Can't seem to connect my Envoy to my wifi extender?

djxpress

I just installed AT&T Fiber that comes with a WIfi 6 BGW320 modem/router combo. Initially, my Envoy wouldn't connect to the router (though it worked fine before with my Cox router). I had to set up a "Guest" 2.4 ghz wifi access point so that the Envoy could connect since the distance from my garage Envoy box to the router is about 35 feet including a garage door and front door in between the two. That works fine connecting through the app. However, I bought a Netgear EX6150 mesh wifi extender that I put in the garage to increase the signal (both 5 ghz and 2.4 ghz signals combined into one network SSID/mesh). I tried pairing my Envoy with the extender and it wouldn't pair in the Enlighten app (using the network SSID and password). So I decided to push the WPS button on the extender and turn my Envoy on to WPS mode. The 2nd green light on the Envoy doesn't blink when in WPS mode though (as the instructions say it should). However, it does seem to pair as I get a solid green light where the "cloud" image is. But when I checked my Netgear extender by logging in to the extender interface via web, it didn't show the Envoy connected to it. I looked on my BGW320 router page and it shows that the Envoy is connected to it on the 5 ghz signal. Wondering why my Envoy won't connect with the stronger signal that my Netgear extender is putting out in the garage?

Back