diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv Wifi dongle reset

Pfahler

I switched the mode for the wifi dongle so that the network SSID would not broadcast, but I didn't properly set it to connect to my home network before the setting was changed. Anyone know how I can reset the wifi dongle back to a reachable state?

I switched the mode for the wifi dongle so that the network SSID would not broadcast, but I didn't properly set it to connect to my home network before the setting was changed. Anyone know how I can reset the wifi dongle back to a reachable state?
Hello Pfahler, I sent you a DM

I have the same problem. I have 6 SRNE 5 kW all-in-one inverters set up in a splitphase system (2x3) and I bought 6 SRNE wifi dongles with them. I first tried to set up a dongle using our Mikrotik network, but it didn't work, I guess because connection has to go through a login page. So I installed an access point with a normal pwd protected entry, but seems the dongle remembers the failed setup, and there is no way to communicate with it. I could install the 5 other dongles, but the first one keeps saying "establishing communication, please wait". There is unfortunately no reset button, and the factory reset does not work, as I can't establish communication with it. So I have data for the 5 inverters, but not for the sixth. Any ideas?
And in the same vain: is there any way to create a consolidated report for all 6 inverters? The reports generated seem to be for the devices, one by one.

I have the same problem. I have 6 SRNE 5 kW all-in-one inverters set up in a splitphase system (2x3) and I bought 6 SRNE wifi dongles with them. I first tried to set up a dongle using our Mikrotik network, but it didn't work, I guess because connection has to go through a login page. So I installed an access point with a normal pwd protected entry, but seems the dongle remembers the failed setup, and there is no way to communicate with it. I could install the 5 other dongles, but the first one keeps saying "establishing communication, please wait". There is unfortunately no reset button, and the factory reset does not work, as I can't establish communication with it. So I have data for the 5 inverters, but not for the sixth. Any ideas?
And in the same vain: is there any way to create a consolidated report for all 6 inverters? The reports generated seem to be for the devices, one by one.
It would be best to start a separate thread for your issues since this thread is for a Lux Power inverter.
This link may help you figure out your issues https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-wifi-dongle-maybe-others-smartess-app-website-logging.42831/
I'd recommend Solar Assistant. You could connect the 6 inverters to a powered USB hub connected to a raspberry pi running solar assistant and connect wirelessly / remotely to the pi/SA.

Back