diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 18kpv wifi dongle not connecting

Jarrett sent me the settings to change and it started working. Too two days to get the parallel A to show up but now I can see everything 💯 so excited to finally see it all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203_120004_EG4 Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20240203_120004_EG4 Monitor.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
What was the fix?! inquiring minds want to know
Gilbert had me reset the dongle, that erased everything and it all had to be filled out again. This was the network settings I copied. Once I did and connected wifi again it started working. Then It took two days for the parallel A to show up but now I can see everything. That's nice💯💯

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240203_123057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240203_123057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 22
Gilbert had me reset the dongle, that erased everything and it all had to be filled out again. This was the network settings I copied. Once I did and connected wifi again it started working. Then It took two days for the parallel A to show up but now I can see everything. That's nice💯💯
Can you share how to "reset the dongle"? I can't get mine to connect and when I connect to the SSID and go to 10.10.10.1 nothing loads. I've tried on multiple different devices and browsers. I have to say for a first time experience with EG4 this is pretty bad. I've tried setting it on my phone but that does not work either. I am on a dedicated 2.4GHz network.

@EG4_Ty can you assist?

Can you share how to "reset the dongle"? I can't get mine to connect and when I connect to the SSID and go to 10.10.10.1 nothing loads. I've tried on multiple different devices and browsers. I have to say for a first time experience with EG4 this is pretty bad. I've tried setting it on my phone but that does not work either. I am on a dedicated 2.4GHz network.

@EG4_Ty can you assist?
Below you should find guide on how to restore/connect a Wi-Fi dongle after it has been reset. If this still gives you trouble after trying this, please let me know.

Attachments

• How to recover a dongle if Restore factory setting(2)(1).pdf
    379.7 KB · Views: 22
Below you should find guide on how to restore/connect a Wi-Fi dongle after it has been reset. If this still gives you trouble after trying this, please let me know.
I have tried these steps, when I connect to the SSID of the device and go to 10.10.10.1 in my browser nothing loads. I've tried on multiple computers and phones

@EG4_Jared Do you have a reset procedure for the dongles? The guide provided seems to be for resetting after the fact.

Here's how I did it, but you have to log onto the website. 10.10.10.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211_211412_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211_211412_Samsung Internet.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 10
Just to confirm, you were connected to the Wi-Fi that the dongle emits while attempting this?
Yes, connected to the dongles hotspot network, same SSID as the serial. What's the next step? I initially used the EG4 monitoring app to try and set it

Yes, connected to the dongles hotspot network, same SSID as the serial. What's the next step? I initially used the EG4 monitoring app to try and set it
Make sure you have already registered prior to the following!

From your phone or computer, use the Wi-Fi settings to locate the Wi-Fi dongle. Its SSID will match your dongle's serial number. Choose it as the Wi-Fi source.

From your mobile device (cell), use the Monitor app. At the bottom of the screen, select "DONGLE CONNECT" and choose your Home Wi-Fi access point, then enter your password. Finally, tap "HomeWifi." With any luck, you should be connected in a few minutes while it reaches the server.

I'm assuming you couldn't see the 10.10.10.1 like me. You could try the tutorial that's available on YouTube.

Good luck!

Back