diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

What do you mean by "match"? Paying for matching cells costs considerably more. I just payed $125/cell for batched and matched EVE LF280K cells.
In my case agreement was "New CATL 310ah cells with your choice of terminals. Tested, matched, and labelled for capacity." so it is implied the cells come with QR code intact (QR code bogus or not).

but what I received is
* QR code scratch off
* wrong terminal size
* No labelled for capacity or any test records
* missing busbars
* damaged cells.

you can see I'm not happy at all.

Were yours packed the same way?
Yes, pictures are here

I just checked and my terminals look like M6, I asked for M8.
I haven't received any nuts too. I only had busbars on 3 boxes (out of 4)

good catch, mine are also M6 when i ordered M8. To be honest, at this point i could care less if they were studs or not as long as they were not beat to crap.

Last edited:
Has anyone received any CATL cells not beat to shit?

I received my tracking on July 9 (no updates) from an order placed in May but paid for in February and am beginning to think the chance of mine being "okay" is slim to none. Obviously, I'm on a different ship than everyone that has received their cells.... @Michael B Caro would you prefer I attempt to reject delivery now or receive the package?

Has anyone received any CATL cells not beat to shit?
A question a number of us have. Problem is my job keeps me on the road all day. Per this site Fed Ex has dropped orders without signature. Another problem is that my wife would not know what to look for and a video conference may not be possible during the delivery because I am with clients during the day.

A question a number of us have. Problem is my job keeps me on the road all day. Per this site Fed Ex has dropped orders without signature. Another problem is that my wife would not know what to look for and a video conference may not be possible during the delivery because I am with clients during the day.
Well, that socks. I have ups....maybe they will require a signature and I'll tell her not to sign for it and I'll pick them up.

I have ups....maybe they will require a signature and I'll tell her not to sign for it and I'll pick them up.

If you have a UPS delivery, they usually have an option to have your package left at a UPS store for pickup (costs a few dollars unless you have the paid UPS MyChoice service). However, I don't know if that constitutes "delivered" or not.

First of all, no one is or should be happy with this crap.
They are claiming that the first orders they shipped for me were packed by the shipping forwarder and not by them. IF that is true some of the others may be fine.....remains to be seen.
Although they require a signature, UPS has been known to leave them without getting a signature.
Personally I would try my damndest to see the boxes before the driver left and refuse delivery if the boxes are beat to crap. If the boxes looked fine, I would try to quickly open a couple and refuse delivery if anything looked amiss.
They claim to be working on a "solution".
I will give them another day or two to tell me me what that is and if it is not replacement of all cells, or perhaps preferably refunds, I will file with Alibaba and include as many pictures as I can get my hands on while asking Alibaba for refunds.
At that point I would also let it be known who the supplier is and actively encourage anyone I can reach to blackball them.
They do have a USA warehouse but I don't know if they have cells there or just battery packs.

Well, I don't want to sound like im trying to take advantage of a bad situation, but if anyone with damaged cells gets a refund or just doesn't want to deal with it, I will purchase them from you. I would like to experiment/play with some more cells. If they are completely smashed or leaking then obviously not, but any with scratched off QR codes/dents/wrong terminal sizes or whatever.

Ugh. I'm in Canada so my shipment will arrive later than most here. I am curious to know if they will make it past customs if the boxes are in similar condition. If they do, I will definitely not be accepting them.

I have not heard anything from Michael this week. Are we supposed to be also submitting a damage report to UPS? I tried to find where to do that, but didn't see where/how to do that.

I have not heard anything from Michael this week. Are we supposed to be also submitting a damage report to UPS? I tried to find where to do that, but didn't see where/how to do that.
I may be wrong, but I was pretty sure that only the person / company that has sent the package can file for damage. After all, they are the ones that paid for the shipment.

I may be wrong, but I was pretty sure that only the person / company that has sent the package can file for damage. After all, they are the ones that paid for the shipment.
I believe that is correct, but
1. UPS (IMHO) did not do the damage, the damage was done before they took possession and transported across the USA
2. In the case of boxes ( x 4 cells) not received, I am not sure where to go with that
- UPS on their site for the tracking of the box I did not receive says they notified the shipper
- But does that mean I have a claim with UPS since I did not receive the box?
- I do not think so as they never transported it
- so who is on the hook for my MIA box?

@Michael B Caro one quick update. After going thru the boxes, photographing every cell and damage, and taking voltage readings ...

... I DID FIND ONE PACK OF BUS BARS AND SOME HARDWARE. (Not shouting, Emphasizing :ROFLMAO:)

Now I feel like Toxic Stew after handling all the cells. Going to go home and shower. ?

I believe that is correct, but
1. UPS (IMHO) did not do the damage, the damage was done before they shipped
2. In the case of boxes ( x 4 cells) not received, I am not sure where to go with that
- UPS on their site for the tracking of the box I did not receive says they notified the shipper
- But does that mean I have a claim with UPS since I did not receive the box?
- I do not think so as they never transported it
- so who is on the hook for my MIA box?
Having this separate company between the seller that Michael works with and UPS probably complicates things a bit. However, the box that couldn't be delivered (I assume because of how damaged it was?) should go back to the US office of the shipper. If things work correctly, the shipper should notify the seller, and that should match the data Michael gave the seller. But all that counts on things working as they should.

Back