diy solar

diy solar

Charger cables for Blue Smart IP22 12V/30A

Brucey

Solar Wizard
Good afternoon. I have purchased an IP22 12V 30A charger.

I'm thinking easiest way to get the cable from charger to battery is something like this and then cut the ring terminals off and attach to the IP22 screw terminals? Looks like AWG6 which is what the spec sheet lists as max for the charger.

Yinleader 2 Pcs 75A Alligator Clamp Booster Jumper Battery Charge Cable with Cigarette Lighter Male Plug for Car Battery Charging Charger,for Power Inverter

So I ended up ordering that, cut the ends off, and they worked out great. Happy there's a 15A setting on the charging mode otherwise I would be beyond the 300W limit of the River 2. I'm not charging this from empty just topping off as a test. It actually worked out good because the r2 is still within wifi range so I can see what's going on using ecoflow app versus staying in BT range

20230804_175634.jpg20230804_180738.jpg

That Victron charger is nice. The next time you use the charger, you might want to feel both alligator clips at the point of connection to make sure the clips are not getting hot. I can push 30A through my alligator clips with no heat problems.

That Victron charger is nice. The next time you use the charger, you might want to feel both alligator clips at the point of connection to make sure the clips are not getting hot. I can push 30A through my alligator clips with no heat problems.
Yup no problems with heat, thanks. I have a quite a fleet of old rarely driven vehicles in the back yard and not really within reach of an extension cord. So being able to charge with the river 2 cordlessly has been great. And then being able to see the stats of exactly how many Ah were delivered and for each stage, just what I was hoping for. Definitely no regrets.

Actually more recently being able to run at 30A the alligator clips were definitely getting hot. I dropped it down to 15A for now. I'm thinking of using something like this to allow for a more robust connection to the battery (and just cut the terminal ends on one end and attach to IP22)

Back