diy solar

diy solar

Charging battery full priority

An007

Hi, I have growatt spf 5000 es and 6 panels 555w (total peak capacity 3330w) and four 220ah 12v lead acid batteries. How do I set it to charge the battery full first than focus on the house load. Because at peak hours it reaches around 2600w with load around 1300w. So the Pv is supplying the load and also charging the battery. But when I off the load Pv goes back to around 1200w not staying at around 2600 anymore because no load. Any suggestions to fix this?

Hi, I have growatt spf 5000 es and 6 panels 555w (total peak capacity 3330w) and four 220ah 12v lead acid batteries. How do I set it to charge the battery full first than focus on the house load.

You can't tell the unit to do what you want. It doesn't work that way.

Because at peak hours it reaches around 2600w with load around 1300w. So the Pv is supplying the load and also charging the battery. But when I off the load Pv goes back to around 1200w not staying at around 2600 anymore because no load. Any suggestions to fix this?

Nothing is wrong.

The battery will only accept the current/power it needs to maintain it's bulk/absorption voltage. If it only needs 1200W, it will only draw 1200W even if 10,000W is available. A battery is a load to the solar charger. Think of plugging in a light. You've plugged in a 20W light bulb into a circuit that could provide more than 1000W, but the light bulb only draws the power it needs.

Charging lead acid at high rates is also detrimental to them. Your optimal charge current is 22-44A depending on your battery model.

Recommend you confirm that all 4 12V are reading nearly identical voltages when your system is at peak charge voltage. If they are imbalanced (especially if they are too high), they will be damaged.

Last edited:
Back