diy solar

diy solar

Charging LiFePO4 Batteries with Bluetti Solar Gen.

Spartaqus

I am working on my first system, I got a Bluetti 200 max and 12 Renogy 100w panels delivering about 900w! I am using / growing it for home backup. Very pleased so far…deep freeze, small air conditioner etc!

I want to get two Power Queen 12v/190Ah LiFePO4 batteries. I want to charge them with the Bluetti, but not sure how to do it.

I think…. I want the two batteries in series, and purchase a Progressive Dynamics 60 amp Converter/ Charger. Does that sound like the right direction to go? I believe it would work, but it seems like an extra conversion step…DC to AC to DC. The Bluetti does have DC out plugs, but don’t know of a product to use with it.

Thanks for the help!
?

If those are stand alone batteries, have you considered getting a SCC for them?

A 40 amp or preferably 50 amp SCC screwed to a plywood board with a circuit breaker should be sufficient For 1200 watts of panels. I did something similar when I charged my lithium batteries for the first time.

If those are stand alone batteries, have you considered getting a SCC for them?

A 40 amp or preferably 50 amp SCC screwed to a plywood board with a circuit breaker should be sufficient For 1200 watts of panels. I did something similar when I charged my lithium batteries for the first time.
Thanks, I will have to research to find out what an SCC is, but I like it for a starting place! Thanks!

I’m not a big fan of solar generators for back up power. Comes to being limited to 900 watts of solar with a 2000 watt hour battery pack.

There’s a crate build thread you can take a look at.

I’m not a big fan of solar generators for back up power. Comes to being limited to 900 watts of solar with a 2000 watt hour battery pack.

There’s a crate build thread you can take a look at.
Well, it’s been a long road for sure, started with gas generator, then propane, now Solar. Looking back I agree with your assessment, but was overwhelmed, thanks for the thread tip!

Back