diy solar

diy solar

Cheap Battery backup system for a 3 phase grid

Alrc797

Hi

I am willing to build a very cheap battery backup system for my home, only for blackouts.
What is the cheapest way to do that? Is it possible to connect 3 cheap inverter for each phase in a lead acid battery bank? Or is there any cheap option for a 3 phase inverter?
My critical devices that need to run in this emergency is different phase.
No solar system. Only the grid.
Thanks

How much power and energy your backup needs to provide? What's the price on cheapest deep cycle (gold cart type) lead-acid batteries you can source locally?

The power amount should not exceed 500w (peak of 1000). The capacity of the system should be around 5.000kwh
The average price of a deep cycle battery that I can source locally here is around $100 for 12v 100a

No. Max 2 phases
Ex:
1 phase: tv + wifi
2 phase: fridge (phase 1 with phase 2)
3 phase: lights

It is a 4 wire system. 3,phases + neutral. each phase with 110v.
The fridge is 220v (2 phase)

That's one interesting case you got. I think you can get by with split phase inverter set to 110/220V output and wire in custom transfer switch to reconfigure your loads from 3ph to single split phase arrangement automatically.

That's one interesting case you got. I think you can get by with split phase inverter set to 110/220V output and wire in custom transfer switch to reconfigure your loads from 3ph to single split phase arrangement automatically.
Ok. Got it.
Is there any way to instal 3 different cheap inverter and then synchronize them in some way?
My concern is if I change the devices later between the phases.

Is there any way to instal 3 different cheap inverter and then synchronize them in some way?
There are inverters than can be synchronized into 3phase operation but I am not immediately aware of which ones. Maybe other members here can suggest something.

There are inverters than can be synchronized into 3phase operation but I am not immediately aware of which ones. Maybe other members here can suggest something.
One idea that comes into my mind is to put an Variable Frequency Device (VDF) single to 3 phase used for motors to connect in my grid. Would this work?

No. Max 2 phases
Ex:
1 phase: tv + wifi
2 phase: fridge (phase 1 with phase 2)
3 phase: lights
Do some quick math on your options here regarding your unusual phase situation:
  1. buy a new fridge that's single phase
  2. buy an inverter (or 3x) that can output the correct phases
You may find it cheaper to get a new fridge and 1x standard single phase inverter

Do some quick math on your options here regarding your unusual phase situation:
  1. buy a new fridge that's single phase
  2. buy an inverter (or 3x) that can output the correct phases
You may find it cheaper to get a new fridge and 1x standard single phase inverter
The 3 phases, 127v each is the standard configuration here in south Brazil, for big house. This is why I am trying to figure out some cheap solution without the need to rearrange the devices. Is there an affordable (~$200) 3 phase inverter at max 4kw? No need to be hibrid with solar panel connection.

Hi

I am willing to build a very cheap battery backup system for my home, only for blackouts.
What is the cheapest way to do that? Is it possible to connect 3 cheap inverter for each phase in a lead acid battery bank? Or is there any cheap option for a 3 phase inverter?
My critical devices that need to run in this emergency is different phase.
No solar system. Only the grid.
Thanks
Your lucky I developed a system like that. I have a backup for 1KWh 600W and my cost price is 500USD
Let me know if your interested
1704314087637.jpeg

Back