diy solar

diy solar

Chinese Inverter

billyboy12

Hello,
We are desperate. We have purchased Chinese brand inverters. The inverters stop sending all current every day for only a minute or two. I suspect this is due to a self diagnosis, or maybe not! Because we are off grid all appliances and other devices that are operating at that time are forced to power off. We have one damaged power supply so far and in need a quick solution. Any suggestions on how to bypass this or teach the inverters not do power off daily? Urgent help needed. Thank you in advance.

I suspect the operational menu is the same but I am unable to locate a user manual for either brand. Yes I have reached out to the manufacturer as these were bought directly from the factory. Because the Amensolar owners manual does not correspond with digital menu I am lost. The sales team have proven to be restrictive with their information and not offering help with the settings.

it is self diagnosis every day at early morning

Last edited:
No inverter could possibly be designed to periodically switch off.
They're either defective or get overloaded.
-

Hello Don.

Thank you for your suggestions.
The power off and restart of the inverter happens around 5am (5:00-5:05) meaning load is not a issue. The power off is on average happening 6 out of the 7 day in a 1 week period. The 1 day a week on average the inverter does NOT power down does not seem to have a pattern and is random. To eliminate the variables we make sure the SOC is above 70% at 5am before.

My best guess is weak but this is all I can come up with. The inverter has a menu setting that allows it to do a self testing by shutting down every day briefly 1-2 minutes every days, however you would think if the inverter was set to off grid mode this power off option would not be selectable. And the power off is not precisely at 5am discrediting this theory as they would to be scheduled to happen on the same minute of each day.

If you did not see my last post, I am looking for a MEGAREVO owners manual as my inverter is a copy of the MEGAREVO. AND I do not have a manual for my inverter.

Thank you any other suggestions would help

I had the same thing but after a bit of research i found that the charge controller was not reacting fast enough to changes in cloud cover and overvolting my system which caused the inverter to go into over-voltage shut down. I switched to a higher quality charge controller and haven't had a problem since.

The inverter has a menu setting that allows it to do a self testing by shutting down every day briefly 1-2 minutes every days

Well, that seems to me like an incredibly stupid feature. Any self-test should be run at startup - and usually is.
Anyway, if you know the model name/number/identifier (or which model it is a copy of), it might be possible to find a manual.

Still, the seller definitely should provide one.
-

Pollenface; That is very interesting. I will address this as it may be the rising sun coming over the distant building at 5am and abruptly hitting the panels. I will keep you posted thank you.

Don B; As stated above this was "my best guess" as I am not an inverter technician. Agreed the manufacturer should absolutely have a hard copy and digital copy of a working owners manual. AND should be able to assist over the phone/text to solve problems. Can you believe this has been a problem for 5 weeks!

Billyboy12, These megarevo inverters DO shut off the load every morning unless you disable the safety check. IF you are using grid, it will put the inverter into bypass mode, but without grid, your load will be cut off.

Hi NCSolar. To be clear when in "off grid" application there is or is not a setting or work around to prevent this from happening? Thanks again for your comment.

If I remember correctly if I restart the inverter (complete shutdown) I will lose all my programmed settings. Thoughts?

Well, that seems to me like an incredibly stupid feature. Any self-test should be run at startup - and usually is.
Anyway, if you know the model name/number/identifier (or which model it is a copy of), it might be possible to find a manual.

Still, the seller definitely should provide one.
-
Hi Don. Here is what I found. I have also located a .exe file to correct this problem and will offer a update in a couple of days.

Attachments

• megarevo-AFCI .png
    megarevo-AFCI .png
    675.8 KB · Views: 11
Well, I have two CCC (Cheap Chinese Clone) AIOs, and my AC loads don't go off on their own - ever.

Also, try googling "ul 1741 acfi requirements" and see if you find any self-test ones.
Or try adding "self test" to the search...
Mine might run some self tests, but certainly without shutting down the inverter part.

If the firmware update doesn't work, I suggest trying to sell those and getting some less idiotic ;·) ones.
-

Sure.
I followed the book for the actual parallel wiring. If you are asking about the ports because they are not properly designated here is what worked for me
1. Bottom left port of master for BMS. Top middle port for master outgoing communication. Top middle port into slave

2. After the update was complete the setup menu had a new #15. Simply follow the sub categories.

I want to hook "Load 1" to a 40A breaker in a subpanel from each inverter. (sub panel will have two 40A breakers, one for each inverter). Then run my critical loads off that panel. The guide says to connect them together BEFORE the breaker. I'm just wondering how you chose to do it.

Due to concrete walls and the inability to fish new wires to the panels, I chose to feed the PV system in where the meter used to be. All current is designated on Load 1 (critical load) and I am not using load 2.

diy solar

diy solar
Back