diy solar

diy solar

choosing a inverter for my camper/trailer ?

It is a lot if you plan to leave it on all the time. 55wx24h=1320wh which is roughly half your battery capacity.

What type of system are you working toward? (emergency power, off grid, etc)
What are your loads?

sorry should have been more specific. this is a 13 foot trailer im going to be using as a Mobil office when i sell my work at art fairs out of town.
refer pulls 62 watts (only thing that will be on all the time small a/c pulls 420 watts. small 700 watt microwave and small coffeemaker most of the time i will be running off of generator i will not be in it all day will be in my booth selling my woodworking products. will be adding solar at a later time just looking at getting up and running now

that should work in if i can find a low idle draw inverter farthest i drive is about 3 hours dc to dc charger charging off the truck while driving there. then 9 hours away from the trailer while i sell my wears. start the generator (converter charging) till the evening then back to inverter to run refer till the morning. start gen set for coffee and such (converter charging) longest this would be is 3 days

I think the inverter you linked is very overkill for the items you mentioned. You could probably just get a simple all in one like the PIP – 1012LV-MS. Under $500 shipped, 1000w inverter, solar charger, etc... You could probably slap a trio of 250w panels on the roof and call it a day.

I currently get by with a 1000 watt inverter that has a very low idle draw. However, I don't have my inverter tied into the 120Vac system in my trailer. I chose to run a single outlet off of the inverter and not connect to the inverter into the trailer's main distribution panel. I run my 900 watt coffee maker off of the single outlet and that works fine. My refrigerator is an absorption model, so it uses propane and a very small amount of 12v power to run the circuit board.

Everything is electric on my trailer
Going to get a 3000 watt inverter and add more batteries as needed later

Back