diy solar

diy solar

Cold temps and Vmax

schmism

Solar Addict
Watch those Vmax numbers for these frigid temps. My nominal is about 95v, it was clear sunny and -5f and i saw the inverter report 142v (out of my max 150v)

That voltage gain in low temps is real! (production is still terrible, 1900w out of a summer time 3400w)

Watch those Vmax numbers for these frigid temps. My nominal is about 95v, it was clear sunny and -5f and i saw the inverter report 142v (out of my max 150v)

That voltage gain in low temps is real! (production is still terrible, 1900w out of a summer time 3400w)
Curious, what is your panel angle? How much of the lower winter yield (1900w) is possibly caused by a shallow panel angle that is more optimized for summer?

Yup, temperatures coefficient is really important.
Last winter I found myself up on the roof, in frigid temperatures. Reconfiguring my strings for one less panel.
Luckily my Growatt gave me a warning, instead of releasing the magic smoke.

Back