diy solar

diy solar

Combining 4 inverters AC out (split phase) to a single double pole 100amp breaker?

Gurusi

Hey, this a theoretical future question as I currently only have X2 inverters. However I may upsize my AC out wire gauge if feasible.

Most posts as regard X4 inverter builds have two 60amp double pole breakers in their panel (one breaker per inverter on different phases).

Would it be possible for me to upsize my AC out wire and combine the 4 inverters on their respective phase (so L1, L2 and N) running to a single 100amp double pole breaker at my panel?

I am currently trenching out now and have a supply of 2/0 cable. If this is not possible I will run additional lengths for the additional two inverters in the future...

Thanks

Its not really a good idea because each inverter needs Over Current Protection based on its individual rating of 60A.
That makes sense. I'm thinking about scenarios where they each have their own 60amp breaker at the inverter side and then combine to the 2/0 wire; however I then think the cost saving is then lost...

I may still use the 2/0 though as I have it to hand.

Back