diy solar

diy solar

Communication between EG4LL and Lifepower4 Batteries

af2022

Hi there! First time posting. I have 4 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries and 1 EG4LL (V1) battery. Can I connect these batteries via communication port and have them talk to one another? I have the Lifepower4 batteries connected but have yet to add in the EG4LL. I am having trouble finding a definitive answer... Thanks a ton!

As far as I know you cannot get them linked to each other because the BMS is different.
Just hook the 4x EG4 to your Inverter and leave the EG4LL off the data connection.

I have 4 total EG4-LL Lifepower4 batteries (1 v.1 and 3 v.2) connected to off grid Sol-Ark 12k.

I'm unable to access the protocol selection menu by pressing the back button for 5 seconds per the manual (also followed all the other steps with dip switches, power-cycling, etc).

One of the v.2's I just got delivered last week.

Do the v.2's need a firmware update in order to access the protocol selection menu?

Is there really any huge benefit of communication between the batteries and Sol-Ark?

Also, I had set the parameters in the Sol-Ark (per support) to float: 56.5V, Absorption: 57.5V and equalization: 57.5V (0 days, 0 hours); battery empty:43V...

Looking around on the forum, seems these figures are incorrect...?

Thanks for the help.

Back