diy solar

diy solar

Concerned

dockolyer

Aloha, I didn’t know where else to turn. Will I took your advice and ordered four SOK Batteries from Current connected. Similar to your well tested system with MPP, two inverters for a split phase main panel. My circumstance with time of use metering and my experience with Victron on sailboats i’ve chosen to use two of their inverters. The reason I have taken the time to post on the forum. Is Current connected is not answering the phone or returning emails. They have almost $8000 of my money. And I was prepared to send them $14,000 more. Do you have any information. Do you have a way of contacting them and letting us know what’s going on. The only option I have been given is to leave voice messages. Hope all this works out OK. I’m 76 years old 100% Vietnam disabled. To lose $8000 would be devastating.

Howdy dockolyer, welcome to the party.

Other companies are not answering their phones or responding to emails but ship orders promptly. I know nothing about Current connected, just wanted to share the "we ship but don't communicate" thing with you.
Good luck

Current connected is a reputable business based on my orders.
I'm quite sure you'll get what you've ordered.

Thank you for the reassurance. I hope to learn a bit more. Dexter was responsive. This was pre-order so we’ll see how it goes

Pre-order means they are awaiting stock, these days the arrival could be hard to predict but I wouldn't worry about the safety of your funds.
On the slow response they are likely just very busy.

Hi @dockolyer

I personally apologize I couldn't get back to you. But you were not totally in the dark and I feel it's an injustice to exclude many of the details here.

You were in contact with both me and my team many times, with the call durations with me specifically totaling over 2 hours on the phone. I gave you as much information as I could but I can't spend well over 2 hours with every customer, we'd be out of business. We are not consultants that charge by the hour.

I was going above and beyond for you. We are a small family business, and not some hotshot corporation with 30 engineers on standby. We are stretched thin and we haven't figured out how to invent more hours in the day. We give it our all but in your case that wasn't good enough.

Furthermore, in the week you talked to Paige demanding multiple calls from me, a few major events took place:
  1. Our office got broken into and the clean up that took a major hit to our available time/energy. It also set off an avalanche chain reaction of being behind that took over a week of 16 hour days to dig out of.
  2. Our first batch of these server rack batteries arrived and we were all hands on deck to get them out the door so that over 100 customers weren't upset for further delays.
Our phone records show you successfully spoke with Paige many times during this whole process. You were indeed in contact with our team while I was not able to personally take care of your extensive needs.

It is not normal for us provide full system wiring diagrams. I told you in your case I would do it at my earliest opportunity, but based on our extraneous circumstances it would have been a disservice to our other customers to delay hundreds of orders for your diagram, in your timeline, on batteries that were still a month away.

Ultimately, you spoke with Paige and cancelled your order we gave you a 100% refund on the spot. We were very responsive on this and Paige processed the refund while you were still on the phone. This final call with Paige was also over 30 minutes.

Your postings here give no justice to the effort and attention we gave you. Ultimately, we wish you the best of luck finding a company that will provide you what you are looking for. For now, we are glad to take a step back on your project.

Wishing the kindest regards,
Dexter

Hi @dockolyer

I personally apologize I couldn't get back to you. But you were not totally in the dark and I feel it's an injustice to exclude many of the details here.

You were in contact with both me and my team many times, with the call durations with me specifically totaling over 2 hours on the phone. I gave you as much information as I could but I can't spend well over 2 hours with every customer, we'd be out of business. We are not consultants that charge by the hour.

I was going above and beyond for you. We are a small family business, and not some hotshot corporation with 30 engineers on standby. We are stretched thin and we haven't figured out how to invent more hours in the day. We give it our all but in your case that wasn't good enough.

Furthermore, in the week you talked to Paige demanding multiple calls from me, a few major events took place:
  1. Our office got broken into and the clean up that took a major hit to our available time/energy. It also set off an avalanche chain reaction of being behind that took over a week of 16 hour days to dig out of.
  2. Our first batch of these server rack batteries arrived and we were all hands on deck to get them out the door so that over 100 customers weren't upset for further delays.
Our phone records show you successfully spoke with Paige many times during this whole process. You were indeed in contact with our team while I was not able to personally take care of your extensive needs.

It is not normal for us provide full system wiring diagrams. I told you in your case I would do it at my earliest opportunity, but based on our extraneous circumstances it would have been a disservice to our other customers to delay hundreds of orders for your diagram, in your timeline, on batteries that were still a month away.

Ultimately, you spoke with Paige and cancelled your order we gave you a 100% refund on the spot. We were very responsive on this and Paige processed the refund while you were still on the phone. This final call with Paige was also over 30 minutes.

Your postings here give no justice to the effort and attention we gave you. Ultimately, we wish you the best of luck finding a company that will provide you what you are looking for. For now, we are glad to take a step back on your project.

Wishing the kindest regards,
Dexter

Wow shame on the OP. This was a blatant Karen/Kyle move to discredit a well respected vendor on here to cause financial harm.

Good on you Dexter for setting the story straight. When it's time for me to order my 48V rack mount batteries for an upcoming project you'll get my order.

Last edited:
Back