diy solar

diy solar

Conext SW4048, DC Breaker Panel, SCP Control Panel

acsscott

I would be interested in selling the following Conext items:

Schneider Electric 865-4048-21 Conext SW 4048
Schneider Electric 865-1016 Conext SW DC Breaker Panel, Includes 250A Breaker
Schneider Electric 865-1050-01 Conext XW+/SW System Control Panel (SCP)

This is a NEW replacement SW 4048. I purchased the original SW 4048 unit from Arizona Wind and Sun in May of 2021. I installed it next to my SMA 11K & 7.0 with 8 6V East Penn Golf cart batteries. You can read my email to NAZ and Schneider Electric below. Schneider Electrics response that about 1 out of a thousand just do this? They replaced the failed SW 4048 with this one that I am interested in selling. I ran it for about 10 days while I waited for my Sol-Ark 12K to arrive and replaced it. The replacement SW 4048 worked fine, but I've never looked back after using the Sol-Ark. I know nothing more about Conext SW4048 than that. My first and last one. I just didn't trust it. The knockouts are knocked out on the DC Breaker panel enclosure. It is back in its original box. I paid $2074.11 for all three pieces. Let me know if you are interested.

May 27th 2021 - "Installed the SW 4048 today. Input AC breaker off, nothing on AC output. Turned on the 48V. SCP came up. Status screen came up. Said 49.x volts, 50% battery. I looked through the screens of the SCP for a couple minutes, since the screen images in the manual are corrupted. Anyway, went back to the status screen, and flipped on the AC input to charge the batteries. Screen showed 242/243 VAC on input. I was watching the screen, a relay clicked inside the SW4048, Battery voltage started going up on the SCP, after about ten seconds something exploded inside the SW 4048, Flames shot out near the 48V battery terminals. I flipped off the DC breaker."

Attachments

• 20210527_121140-1024.jpg
    20210527_121140-1024.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210529_113901-1024.jpg
    20210529_113901-1024.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210703_143215-1024.jpg
    20210703_143215-1024.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 37
Price? I have one as well, am still pretty pissed about Sch removing the ability to stack them by pushing out new firmware and not telling us they were removing that function we paid for, and heard of horror stories like yours, scary.

I'm open to offers. I tried it out. Used it for over a week as a battery charger after testing it to run my AC. Just sitting in my barn. Someone should get some use out of it, but I know nothing about how reliable they are. Their support and fast replacement was great, but I was kind of scared away from the brand. Maybe the first one was just truly bad. Not sure how much shipping would be. I'm on the west coast of FL.

Picture of it running my 3 ton AC. I have video, but the forum won't let me attach it.

Attachments

• SW4048 Running 3 Ton AC.jpg
    SW4048 Running 3 Ton AC.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 23
I'm open to offers. I tried it out. Used it for over a week as a battery charger after testing it to run my AC. Just sitting in my barn. Someone should get some use out of it, but I know nothing about how reliable they are. Their support and fast replacement was great, but I was kind of scared away from the brand. Maybe the first one was just truly bad. Not sure how much shipping would be. I'm on the west coast of FL.

Picture of it running my 3 ton AC. I have video, but the forum won't let me attach it.
I’m looking to possibly buy the inverter. Mine worked great for over five years, but we think it had a cold arc when we weren’t there and is now constantly faulting. Can’t clear it. Batteries still charge fine, but won’t invert from panels or batteries. Were you saying you’re trying to sell the whole setup or everything but the inverter? Sounds like your story was one inverter went down and you got another, but maybe I read that wrong….

I’m looking to possibly buy the inverter. Mine worked great for over five years, but we think it had a cold arc when we weren’t there and is now constantly faulting. Can’t clear it. Batteries still charge fine, but won’t invert from panels or batteries. Were you saying you’re trying to sell the whole setup or everything but the inverter? Sounds like your story was one inverter went down and you got another, but maybe I read that wrong….

have you sold the shneider system yet.

I would be interested in selling the following Conext items:

Schneider Electric 865-4048-21 Conext SW 4048
Schneider Electric 865-1016 Conext SW DC Breaker Panel, Includes 250A Breaker
Schneider Electric 865-1050-01 Conext XW+/SW System Control Panel (SCP)

This is a NEW replacement SW 4048. I purchased the original SW 4048 unit from Arizona Wind and Sun in May of 2021. I installed it next to my SMA 11K & 7.0 with 8 6V East Penn Golf cart batteries. You can read my email to NAZ and Schneider Electric below. Schneider Electrics response that about 1 out of a thousand just do this? They replaced the failed SW 4048 with this one that I am interested in selling. I ran it for about 10 days while I waited for my Sol-Ark 12K to arrive and replaced it. The replacement SW 4048 worked fine, but I've never looked back after using the Sol-Ark. I know nothing more about Conext SW4048 than that. My first and last one. I just didn't trust it. The knockouts are knocked out on the DC Breaker panel enclosure. It is back in its original box. I paid $2074.11 for all three pieces. Let me know if you are interested.

May 27th 2021 - "Installed the SW 4048 today. Input AC breaker off, nothing on AC output. Turned on the 48V. SCP came up. Status screen came up. Said 49.x volts, 50% battery. I looked through the screens of the SCP for a couple minutes, since the screen images in the manual are corrupted. Anyway, went back to the status screen, and flipped on the AC input to charge the batteries. Screen showed 242/243 VAC on input. I was watching the screen, a relay clicked inside the SW4048, Battery voltage started going up on the SCP, after about ten seconds something exploded inside the SW 4048, Flames shot out near the 48V battery terminals. I flipped off the DC breaker."
Have you sold the schneider system yet

Price? I have one as well, am still pretty pissed about Sch removing the ability to stack them by pushing out new firmware and not telling us they were removing that function we paid for, and heard of horror stories like yours, scary.
have you sold the schneider yet.

Well - I heard the same story 3 years ago before all hell broke loose... I would still like to see a stack option to reach the desired goal of 8,000 watt potential... but I still haven't installed the first SW 4048... cancer and heart attack put all that on hold...

Back