diy solar

diy solar

Connector help!

Trukinbear

Solar Enthusiast
Help, my vendor has left me in a lurch.
My FLA bank failed a few weeks ago, and we've been alternating between dark, and running diesel generator.

I took the plunge and ordered 6 - 51.2V 100Ah rack mount batteries from Aolithium - mostly because they could promise I'd have them by the 5th. My batteries are inbound (yay) but I just got an email saying that all the interconnecting cables, and load cables are BACKORDERED.

If I can get 2 of these up and running I'll be good to wait, so I need a short positive and negative interconnecting cables, and one long discharge set. I can see in the photos that these connections are like nothing in my inventory - what are they? Can I buy cables FAST from somewhere else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240328-192452.png
    Screenshot_20240328-192452.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 19
Is that a push on cable to connect two 48 volt 5.1 kw batteries?

Maybe?
Maybe, I thought they were something like Amphenol SurLok, but I've no idea the size, and I'd prefer a premade cable.

5.7, 8, & 10.3 appear to be the sizes the Amphenol SurLok plus connectors come in. Anybody have any idea what size and/or why not one battery vendor will tell me?

My FLA bank failed a few weeks ago, and we've been alternating between dark, and running diesel generator.

How many years? How come?
Was the warranty deal you got not applicable for some reason?

I recall you experienced charging issues (due to SCC connection vs. shunt), also insulation and temperature limits.

How many years? How come?
Was the warranty deal you got not applicable for some reason?

I recall you experienced charging issues (due to SCC connection vs. shunt), also insulation and temperature limits.
I went into the hospital for an extended unplanned visit, and my system unattended, and unwatered boiled the battery "dry." I've got 3 nifty strings of 12v, or a 12 & 24, or 36v. Even setting my SI6048 for a dead cell, without physically being able to bypass it (#8) the inverter almost immediately does a VBATMIN error and shuts completely down.

I'm thinking these are Amphenol SurLok Plus 10.3 MM connectors, but they could easily be 8 MM - seems to be a secret

I went into the hospital for an extended unplanned visit, and my system unattended, and unwatered boiled the battery "dry." I've got 3 nifty strings of 12v, or a 12 & 24, or 36v. Even setting my SI6048 for a dead cell, without physically being able to bypass it (#8) the inverter almost immediately does a VBATMIN error and shuts completely down.

I'm thinking these are Amphenol SurLok Plus 10.3 MM connectors, but they could easily be 8 MM - seems to be a secret

DANG! Sorry to hear about both!

And maybe the EG4 connectors are some other compatible(?) vendor?
The EG4 only seems to be the load set with the SurLok connectors on only one end. Yes, I need those, but I need the short parallel cables with connectors on both ends too

Ok, I called customer service after pouring over every stitch of documentation from Aolithium where they specify the brass connectors on one end but make no mention of the other end - the end I need. They were clueless (and obviously not technical support) as to my question, much less the answer. :-(

The EG4 only seems to be the load set with the SurLok connectors on only one end. Yes, I need those, but I need the short parallel cables with connectors on both ends too
EG4 has two styles, the one that comes with the batteries is the inverter cable which has the connector on one end and stripped wire on the other. The Battery Parallel Cable has connectors on both ends, though it’s not very short it should still work if the connectors are compatible.

Help, my vendor has left me in a lurch.

I took the plunge and ordered 6 - 51.2V 100Ah rack mount batteries from Aolithium - mostly because they could promise I'd have them by the 5th. My batteries are inbound (yay) but I just got an email saying that all the interconnecting cables, and load cables are BACKORDERED.

If I can get 2 of these up and running I'll be good to wait, so I need a short positive and negative interconnecting cables, and one long discharge set. I can see in the photos that these connections are like nothing in my inventory - what are they? Can I buy cables FAST from somewhere else?
They are made by Futronics, (http://futronicsconnector.com/list_14/81.html)..

They seem to be selling them here:

Attachments

• signal-2024-03-15-121115_015.jpeg
    signal-2024-03-15-121115_015.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 0
  • signal-2024-03-15-121115_012.jpeg
    signal-2024-03-15-121115_012.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 0
They also ship with 25mm2 (3 AWG) cable... You could always replace a few of the connections with generic lug-type parts..
Yes, thanks, I've found half a dozen suppliers, but my problem is I don't know, and nobody can tell me what size they are... Maybe 10.3mm or 8mm. Usually with other connectors I would just buy them in all the different sizes and send back the ones that were the wrong ones. But in this case these suckers are like $29 to $39 a piece and I need four of them per battery bank. So that's like 24 plus another four for the connectors

Uh, I'd rather not void my warranty by attempting to desolder, and solder in new electrical connectors on $11,000 on in brand new LiFePo4 batteries. Probably Lazer welded anyway. But of course making it submit to my 20th century wiring was my FIRST thought, briefly.

Back