diy solar

diy solar

Couple Questions for EG4 parallel setting

Lukiya

Just finished setting up my 2 EG4 6500w system in parallel 2 phase split.

1. Load balance
This morning I noticed 2P2 has about 5kw load, but 2P1 only has about 1200w load. Is this normal?

2. Setting synchronization
When I changed settings on 2P1, those changes didn't sync to 2P2, so do I have to change settings on each of them every time?

3. Either WatchPower and DessMonitor only can see individual inverter load status, is there any way I can see the whole system status?

4. Instead of 100% full, can I set only charge batteries rack to 90% full?

1. Load balance
This morning I noticed 2P2 has about 5kw load, but 2P1 only has about 1200w load. Is this normal?
Load balance is completely dependent on which 120V appliances are being used and which bus bar in the panel the breaker is attached to. You will notice in your 240V, split phase panel L1 serves breaker position 1 & 2 while the next slot, breaker 3 & 4 are served by L2. If you can identify which loads are causing the imbalance, for example the toaster, microwave and coffee maker are all on the same bus bar. Assuming at least one of them is on a separate circuit breaker, that breaker could be moved to a different position so it pick up power from the other bus bar and inverter.

Load balance is completely dependent on which 120V appliances are being used and which bus bar in the panel the breaker is attached to. You will notice in your 240V, split phase panel L1 serves breaker position 1 & 2 while the next slot, breaker 3 & 4 are served by L2. If you can identify which loads are causing the imbalance, for example the toaster, microwave and coffee maker are all on the same bus bar. Assuming at least one of them is on a separate circuit breaker, that breaker could be moved to a different position so it pick up power from the other bus bar and inverter.
Actually, I used my dryer this morning, it connected to a 2 pole 30A breaker.
Supposedly for 240v device, it should pull power from each inverter equally, am I correct?

1. Load balance
As @BentleyJ stated, the load is based on how you configure them on your AC side. The 6500s don't load balance. Each one just handles one leg in your AC panel.

2. Setting synchronization
When I changed settings on 2P1, those changes didn't sync to 2P2, so do I have to change settings on each of them every time?
Depends on the setting. Some settings are per inverter and others sync between the inverters. Sometimes it can take up to a min for the settings to actually sync up.

3. Either WatchPower and DessMonitor only can see individual inverter load status, is there any way I can see the whole system status?
Solar Assistant puts everything into a single dashboard so you can see your system as a whole. There is no way to do this in either Watchpower or DessMonitor.

4. Instead of 100% full, can I set only charge batteries rack to 90% full?
If you have your batteries connected to the inverters (option 5 to EG4) then the batteries BMS controls your charging limits. If you're not using comms, then you can set option 26 to your max voltage you want the batteries to charge up to.

As @BentleyJ stated, the load is based on how you configure them on your AC side. The 6500s don't load balance. Each one just handles one leg in your AC panel.

Depends on the setting. Some settings are per inverter and others sync between the inverters. Sometimes it can take up to a min for the settings to actually sync up.

Solar Assistant puts everything into a single dashboard so you can see your system as a whole. There is no way to do this in either Watchpower or DessMonitor.

If you have your batteries connected to the inverters (option 5 to EG4) then the batteries BMS controls your charging limits. If you're not using comms, then you can set option 26 to your max voltage you want the batteries to charge up to.
Got it, thank you.

Like everyone mentioned above. It’s up to you to balance the loads in the sub panel. But that would be the case with every inverter. L1 and L2 are just a representation of both legs in the breaker panel. In your case just switch 120v breakers around as you test things. Find which loads you use most often and balance them with others. Usually within a week you’ll have them where you want them.

Like everyone mentioned above. It’s up to you to balance the loads in the sub panel. But that would be the case with every inverter. L1 and L2 are just a representation of both legs in the breaker panel. In your case just switch 120v breakers around as you test things. Find which loads you use most often and balance them with others. Usually within a week you’ll have them where you want them.
Good suggestion, I'll do it this week.

Back