diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

Yes, drilled small corner holes and use dremel. Had to cut away part of the fuse mounting plate. Bracket was a piece of 2mm (?) aluminum. Had to file it for snug fit in DIN mount part of breaker.
I tapped 2x 3mm holes into leftover part of the fuse mounting plate. Also tapped 4mm hole into aluminum bracket.
My son 3D printed a stand-off for the loose end of the fuse holder and also a cover/guide for the positive terminals to guide the cable.
I used some of the 50mm2 supplied by Seplos as an extra to my DYI kit. Cable fitted into the breaker terminals very tightly but without the need to trim any of the cable strands.

50mm2 cable core measures around 8mm diameter (FYI @netforceatg)

Some touch up paint afterwards to cover up the damage...
That's fantastic, next time you can ask them to cut the front plate for you. ;-).

My kit arrived on Monday (only took slightly over a month to arrive to the PNW). Like others have mentioned, the instructions they emailed were terrible but I figured everything out eventually. Will a regular ethernet cable work for connecting my laptop to the BMS with the USB to RJ45 adapter?

My kit arrived on Monday (only took slightly over a month to arrive to the PNW). Like others have mentioned, the instructions they emailed were terrible but I figured everything out eventually. Will a regular ethernet cable work for connecting my laptop to the BMS with the USB to RJ45 adapter?
you need a USB to RS485 adapter not a usb to ethernet adapter

you need a USB to RS485 adapter not a usb to ethernet adapter
This is the one they sent:

I used a regular ethernet cable with the USB -> RS485 adapter they sent without issue

heat sink pad, you put it on the case front such that the bms heat sink fully contacts it (so, remove BMS, carefully position that guy, then put bms back). it it supposed to conduct heat from the heat sink to the outside via the front face of the case.

heat sink pad, you put it on the case front such that the bms heat sink fully contacts it (so, remove BMS, carefully position that guy, then put bms back). it it supposed to conduct heat from the heat sink to the outside via the front face of the case.
Thanks. I probably won't bother taking it apart to put that on for now since the highest continuous power this will ever see is about 80-100A.

Thanks. I probably won't bother taking it apart to put that on for now since the highest continuous power this will ever see is about 80-100A.
may god have mercy on your bms :p
my batteries/bms's probably only take in 30A each give or take and they get warm.

give yourself a favor, use it ;-) anyway the bms is temporary mount on the plate with 4 disposable screws. you have to mount it with 6 dedicated screws

If you have multiple Mason packs, what cable do you use to connect the packs together?
you can just use a standard ethernet cable to connect the packs, via the RS485 ports (edit: assuming you meant communications here)

Last edited:
If you have multiple Mason packs, what cable do you use to connect the packs together?
busbars.
i dont daisy chain, too much current , so i have each battery connected to a common busbar ( like the eg4 racks), where the positive and negative connection to the inverters arebon opposite side

as for interconnecting the comms, just a plain utp cable

Back