diy solar

diy solar

DALY BMS adhesive on leads?

Stepandwolf

Solar Enthusiast
I am doing the preliminary configuration of my DALY BMS (24V 250A) and for my purposes, I think I want the bat leads to go in the opposite direction. There are 4 screws holding each lead so I unscrewed the 4 screws and discovered the lead was stuck to the bus bar. The adhesive wasn't stong, and I was able to pull the adhesive apart. The adhesive scrapped off easily. I am guessing it performs some sort of bonding function vs. adhesive.

Any guesses on what the adhesive was and do I need to get some when putting the leads back on?

Thanks

That mentions having carbon in it making it black. This adhesive was tannish. Thanks for trying :)

I am doing the preliminary configuration of my DALY BMS (24V 250A) and for my purposes, I think I want the bat leads to go in the opposite direction. There are 4 screws holding each lead so I unscrewed the 4 screws and discovered the lead was stuck to the bus bar. The adhesive wasn't stong, and I was able to pull the adhesive apart. The adhesive scrapped off easily. I am guessing it performs some sort of bonding function vs. adhesive.

Any guesses on what the adhesive was and do I need to get some when putting the leads back on?

Thanks
I did the same with my 300a. There was also a small amount of something between the bus plates.
I just cleaned it off and screwed back on the opposite way, dosen't seem to affect anything.

T
I did the same with my 300a. There was also a small amount of something between the bus plates.
I just cleaned it off and screwed back on the opposite way, dosen't seem to affect anything.
Thanks.....I equate it to the paste you put on a CPU for attaching the cooling fan to get better heat transfer. But that is transferring heat. I thought this was something similar for creating a more thorough bond for better electrical connection.

T

Thanks.....I equate it to the paste you put on a CPU for attaching the cooling fan to get better heat transfer. But that is transferring heat. I thought this was something similar for creating a more thorough bond for better electrical connection.

That's what I was implying before, conductive... I wasn't thinking about any color relationship when I said that :geek:

And the stuff used for CPUs is not the same, it is thermal, not electrical conductivity. For electrical, there's di-electric (non-electrically conductive), and there's electrically conductive glue or paste.

That's what I was implying before, conductive... I wasn't thinking about any color relationship when I said that :geek:

And the stuff used for CPUs is not the same, it is thermal, not electrical conductivity. For electrical, there's di-electric (non-electrically conductive), and there's electrically conductive glue or paste.
The item you suggested is shown to be an epoxy which scared me off as I wasn't looking for a permanent adhesive. As the other commenter said, he did what I was doing and didn't apply a new adhesive and I guess it is OK.

Right now I am dealing with a stripped head thanks to the mfg (grrr)

The item you suggested is shown to be an epoxy which scared me off as I wasn't looking for a permanent adhesive. As the other commenter said, he did what I was doing and didn't apply a new adhesive and I guess it is OK.

Right now I am dealing with a stripped head thanks to the mfg (grrr)

Yeah, and in my opinion, you don't really need anything on it, can just clean it off and make sure there's good metal to metal contact. The amps capacity of the connector probably far exceeds what will actually go through it. Conductive glue or grease in between may be beneficial if installed in an environment of high humidity or moisture, helps to keep the terminal from oxidizing... In drier climates, it wouldn't have really any necessity or benefit.

Back