diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms setting

ttiburst

My charger deliver 13.80v so 3.45v per cell.

Which value i should set for the end of charge.

Lower to cut with bms 3.40v

Or higher 3.50v to keep charging with charger.

Thx

on the daly app parameter settings page for my 24v bms I have:

level 1 - cell volt high 3.5 cell volt low 3
level 2 - cell volt high 3.64 cell volt low 3

and my charger is set to 27.2V ... which is 3.4/cell or 13.6v on a 12v system
basically, I have no "end of charge"... its always floating and when charged draws no current; my charge mosfets never turn off.

and my charger is set to 27.2V ... which is 3.4/cell or 13.6v on a 12v system
basically, I have no "end of charge"... its always floating and when charged draws no current; my charge mosfets never turn off.
Is that just when the sun shines or is that 24/7?
If its 24/7 how much do you anticipate that the float will shorten the life of your cells?
I might just do the same and not worry about cycling my cells.

Last edited:
If you do so as soon as the charge decrease a little the charger, restart immediately to charge, so if you have a lot of sunshine the batteries stay near 100%.

I wonder if it is good for batteries health?

Is that just when the sun shines or is that 24/7?
If its 24/7 how much do you anticipate that the float will shorten the life of your cells?
I might just do the same and not worry about cycling my cells.
by keeping the float voltage low the charge current basically drops to zero; its 24/7.
for long life lfp batteries are normally just stored at 60-80% charge or something around there...so holding a specific lower voltage is not inherently damaging.

by keeping the float voltage low the charge current basically drops to zero; its 24/7.
for long life lfp batteries are normally just stored at 60-80% charge or something around there...so holding a specific lower voltage is not inherently damaging.
Yes but when the battery and the float converge its not current stress its voltage stress.
3.4 volts per is >95% full.
Even storing batteries at that level accelerates calendar aging.

Back