diy solar

diy solar

Daly bms to high cell voltage

Arne999

I have a 16s Daly bms newly installed.
I have a high cell voltage high protect set to 3.55.

This morning, after charging all night one cell had to high voltage...the Daly reports the warning but why has it not stopped charging ??
Or does the voltage increase further after charging has stopped??

i have bottom balanced the batterypack

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205-084827.png
    Screenshot_20230205-084827.png
    159 KB · Views: 21
1675588314982.png

According to the screenshot, your BMS has stopped letting charge through.

It's likely that your cell ran away so fast that your high voltage wasn't stopped in time - there is a delay - especially if your charging current was high. I've experienced something similar.

I have a timed charging. 00:00-05:00 when the spot price is low. So in dont know if it actually stopped
Anyway, it sounds like you are right. I just discharged the cell down to 3.5 with 10A and it took a couple of minutes.

The grey switch on the dashboard shows that the BMS has stopped allowing charge to the battery. It is not a charge indicator.

You may have to reboot your BMS to get it to allow charging again.

Similar situation watched cell climb to 3.8v then I manually disconnected. The guy that supplied said Daly disconnect when cell hits 4.2v I don’t want to let it go that high I set the disconnect in settings to 3.65 but cell kept charging any ideas is this normal or are the bms faulty thanks in advance.

Mine did the same thing. Reduced the charge rate to .2kw according to the app but didn’t disconnect at set voltage. It junk in my opinion.

If you bottom balanced ( and you want to keep this situation) you need to turn the Daly balance process off, as it will try to undo your bottom balance.
To prevent cell overvolts you need to reduce your charge volts.
Unless you have a traction application a top balance would be advisable.

Back