diy solar

Data communication inverter - bms

Hermanvanveen

Hello,

I am planning to use:
- Voltronic Axpert max 8000 all-in-one inverter
- JK bms 200A
- 16x 304 eve cells

I know this inverter has a custom setting option where you can setup all the relevant voltages which suit the battery pack being used.

But I read also that people use a data connection in order to let the bms communicate with the inverter. Mostly I see people use this with EG4 - growatt combinations.

For my hardware situation:
- Is there a possibility to create a data connection between the JK bms and the voltronic inverter?
- If so, does this have any advantage over no data connection in this hardware setup?

Many thanks!
Peter

Hi Herman, i have the same setup. JK BMS 200Amp 24 cells (16 in use) on a voltronic IGRID TT 10kW inverter. Have the RS-485 modules for the BMS, but it doesn't even have an address. Also the protocol is different it seems... The connection speed on the BMS card is max 19k2, but the JK BMS communicates with 115k2, so BMS is much faster. Wanted to program a microchip PIC controller who receives the command from the inverter at 19k2 and passes it on (translated) at a speed of 115k2 to the inverter.

Hello,

I am planning to use:
- Voltronic Axpert max 8000 all-in-one inverter
- JK bms 200A
- 16x 304 eve cells

I know this inverter has a custom setting option where you can setup all the relevant voltages which suit the battery pack being used.

But I read also that people use a data connection in order to let the bms communicate with the inverter. Mostly I see people use this with EG4 - growatt combinations.

For my hardware situation:
- Is there a possibility to create a data connection between the JK bms and the voltronic inverter?
- If so, does this have any advantage over no data connection in this hardware setup?

Many thanks!
Peter
Q1, you can't, protocol is different, but I think in 1 or 2 months something will show up ;-)
Q2 check the forum so many discussion already about this topic.

Q1, you can't, protocol is different, but I think in 1 or 2 months something will show up ;-)
Q2 check the forum so many discussion already about this topic.
Yeas, already have found the stuff i need. Want to program a PIC microcontroller als hardware translator between the banks and inverter. This controller does 3 things:
- Translate the protocol
- Change the communication speed
- Add an adress to every banks's BMS to reply to

But to be able to write i need to know how the 0x5 command works. The manual is not clear about this

Yeas, already have found the stuff i need. Want to program a PIC microcontroller als hardware translator between the banks and inverter. This controller does 3 things:
- Translate the protocol
- Change the communication speed
- Add an adress to every banks's BMS to reply to

But to be able to write i need to know how the 0x5 command works. The manual is not clear about this
esp32 can also be a great option, you can even build a prototype in python.

I'm working on something less complicated. By using a raspberry-compatible card I get more flexibility and options, and run Home Assistant on the same device. Coding in python rather than C.

A good python and C code already exists Jkbms, @SEE http://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery. I did a few changes to make it work on a standard Linux distribution, almost without touching the base code.

There is already python and C code for parsing the pylon protocol, encoding to Pylon is easier.

• Fundamentally, there are backends daemons attached to each battery, querying and storing bat-infos in a single file on a ram fs or dbus for example.
  • Frontends daemons are responsible for exposing the battery to the inverter with the Pylon protocol (or any other;-)) by reading bat-infos from storage and applying the proper rules.
  • Other daemons may be used for mqtt, web or console dashboard.

The hard part is I can't compare with an actual Pylon battery stack, to try different real life use case.

Attachments

• bms_2.jpg
    bms_2.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 11
Back