diy solar

diy solar

Delta ecoflow mppt problem

Droomboter

I have a 330W solar panel connected to my Delta ecoflow. On cloudy days this works fine but as soon as the sun gets a little stronger the delta stops/slows the charging. On the display I can see the solar power ramping up from 0w up to about 200w in a few seconds and then fallimg back down to 0w. This cycles on and on and it charges only very slow.

The panel can provide 10.2 Amps short circuit and 40.66v open circuit. (Qcells q.peak duo-g5 330) The delta's charge port is rated at 10A / 65V.

So yea, the panel can provide more current than the delta can accept. But I expected the mppt to just limit to 10amp.

Any thoughts on how i can fix this?

I have a 330W solar panel connected to my Delta ecoflow. On cloudy days this works fine but as soon as the sun gets a little stronger the delta stops/slows the charging. On the display I can see the solar power ramping up from 0w up to about 200w in a few seconds and then fallimg back down to 0w. This cycles on and on and it charges only very slow.

The panel can provide 10.2 Amps short circuit and 40.66v open circuit. (Qcells q.peak duo-g5 330) The delta's charge port is rated at 10A / 65V.

So yea, the panel can provide more current than the delta can accept. But I expected the mppt to just limit to 10amp.

Any thoughts on how i can fix this?

I see this happen with discreet charge controllers, and battery packs when the pack is unbalanced. What happens is one (or more) cells hits the max voltage cutoff, and the BMS stops the charge. MPPT drops to 0, then some time later (maybe minutes, or seconds) the BMS reconnects charging as the cell voltage drops to safe range, and the MPPT watts go back up. Cycle continues, over, and over.

Not saying this is your problem, but it might be.

Update:

I've taken measurements. They show a pretty stable 2.6A at 36.5V coming from the panel in this situation.

I've contacted my dealer on this matter but they don't have an answer yet.

Back