diy solar

diy solar

Delta Pro SoC problem?

Griddownprepper

I have two DP with extra battery each (14kw) connected to double voltage hub, connected to panel via generator outlet using interlock. Wanting to see how these units perform, I have, a few times, powered the whole house at night (no cooking/running dryer, etc). Basically, one fridge, two freezers, mini fridge, circulating pump for gas boiler, some lights (essentially what’s needed in an outage). The first couple times the units seemed to work in concert and at the end of a 12 to 15 hr run, would be approx equal in % discharge. The last time, one unit (DP/battery) showed 45% remaining while the other showed 63%. Also, after recharging both, the unit showing 45% indicated 100% charged with 8 days, 15hrs instead of 9/17. The other went back to what was shown previously. Based on what I’ve seen perusing the forums here, I am assuming this may be an SoC issue? Yes?
Does anyone think a slow to 0 discharge is better for the unit’s batteries or can I hookup my basement space heater and run it dry in 3-4 hours. Likewise on the recharge, slow and steady or power that mutha up? I thank any and all for your experience and advice…

I have two DP with extra battery each (14kw) connected to double voltage hub, connected to panel via generator outlet using interlock. Wanting to see how these units perform, I have, a few times, powered the whole house at night (no cooking/running dryer, etc). Basically, one fridge, two freezers, mini fridge, circulating pump for gas boiler, some lights (essentially what’s needed in an outage). The first couple times the units seemed to work in concert and at the end of a 12 to 15 hr run, would be approx equal in % discharge. The last time, one unit (DP/battery) showed 45% remaining while the other showed 63%. Also, after recharging both, the unit showing 45% indicated 100% charged with 8 days, 15hrs instead of 9/17. The other went back to what was shown previously. Based on what I’ve seen perusing the forums here, I am assuming this may be an SoC issue? Yes?
Does anyone think a slow to 0 discharge is better for the unit’s batteries or can I hookup my basement space heater and run it dry in 3-4 hours. Likewise on the recharge, slow and steady or power that mutha up? I thank any and all for your experience and advice…
try performing a “riaset”, named for its pioneer- some lady named Ria- on the EF boards. turn units off, turn back on but hold power button in for approx ten seconds and you’ll see the head unit and extra batt change values (you’re resetting the BMS), let the units sit for awhile, charge back up- i always just go solar so its slow but that doesnt really matter. even if you don’t recharge the values to me seem to be accurate and hold correctly. this is just for an individual head unit and/or extrabatt reset, it won’t make your two units work in concert. i would think your loads aren’t balanced between the two legs in your subpanel and that causes the discrepency. each unit only provides to a single leg in 120, but they combine to pretty much even for a 240 load. mine are fairly well balanced, but if the oil furnace blower kicks on, one fridge goes into defrost while the other is just chilling etc, then things get a little unbalanced between the units. my electrician did pretty good with balancing legs though, so i’m usually no more than 10percent off at very most after using the transfer switch for a full day. generally i can make that up by providing the lower value unit with the panel string that performs a bit better through the day, although both my units get identical panel, one string takes a while longer to get full exposure.
p.s. riaset procedure can be found on all the regular EF sites- and again on the “linspyre ecoholics” site i mentioned to you in a different thread the other day.

Back